20' Model questions

So I have been looking at 19' boats because of storage but as I am looking the 20' Cats store about the same size which is really confusing.
    I am starting to really like these boats!
    Looks like there (4) 20' models to choose from, are there major differences between them?
    Sorry for the newbie questions but I am unsure why all the 20' choices.
    Thank you,
    Boatless

Some good info here although a little dated: https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...antage-models/ (Puma is no longer offered, I believe)

Their web site is excellent with lots of view and specs: https://www.basscat.com/
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

3. Member
    I have some info, but others will chime in with much more. I have a 2018 PII and LOVE IT. I might and I stress might upgrade to a larger BassCat down the road. But I am not sure I will because I enjoy the PII so much. It does everything I need it to do perfectly and it drives like a sports car on the water. As for the 20 footers below is what I know.

If all rigged with an 250hp the Eyra will be the fastest. It is the narrowest up front as well, sort of like a larger PII. The Puma and Cougar share the same hull but have different storage layouts. The Lynx will be the widest with a new style deck layout.

I think you should give BassCat a try, you will not be sorry. Their build quality including the trailer as well as their customer service is second to none in the bass boat world.
    Brad Krone

The Puma FTD and Cougar FTD are the same hull with a different deck configuration. Some prefer the Puma layout while others prefer the Cougar. The Eyra is a totally different hull and deck configuration. The Eyra is a little smaller but more nimble with the trolling motor down. And IMO, the Eyra is a tad bit better in rough water when compared to the Cougar/Puma. The Lynx is a wide body boat where the other 3 are smaller width (and length.) You could just about store your entire fishing arsenal and your bedroom closet in a Lynx. Another thing to note is the Eyra seating is lower into the hull meaning you sit lower than the Puma/Cougar and Lynx is in between. I would suggest you go sit in all of the models and look them over.

I went from a PII to a PUMA. Very little difference in fitting in the garage.

The swing away tongue on the basscat trailer breaks behind the nose of the boat. They can fit into some tight spaces.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

The 203 Hybrid Puma/Cougar is a different hull that the standard Puma/Cougar but can come with the Puma or Cougar top cap.

I recently picked up a 2020 Lynx should you have any questions

8. Member
    And I have a 2020 Cougar FTD SP if you have questions. Once you go Cat, you never go back!
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

9. Member
    Moved from a Ranger Z20 to an Eyra. I will tell you the Eyra fits in straight compared to my ranger which was corner to corner. The Cats do store so much smaller than other brands. Go for a 20' Cat you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by cal z20 View Post
    Moved from a Ranger Z20 to an Eyra. I will tell you the Eyra fits in straight compared to my ranger which was corner to corner. The Cats do store so much smaller than other brands. Go for a 20' Cat you won't regret it.
    Did you miss the front deck space?
    My Z118 deck was very big, looks like the Eyra is significantly smaller.
    Boatless

20' models. So you got? Puma, cougar, both with champ hybrid hull option, 20'4", eyra 20'2", lynx 20'8"// So kinda like 6, 20' rigs. All very different. What are you trying to do? Team tournaments? What type of fishing do you like? Shallow/ deep? bank beater? Dock skipper? All will do these things, but some will do it alot better/ fit your style more.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

12. Member
    My partner has a z20 and I an Eyra. We are not small...He's pushing 300 and I'm 220. There is plenty of room in the Eyra. What I can tell you is when he is in the back of the Eyra and decides to move to the other side of the boat I can feel it. I don't feel it as much in his when he does that.

They are different floor plans and in some cases the hulls.

Lynx is 20' 7" and has a unique floor plan and hull, it is top tier level
    Puma FTD is a 20' 5" model with a different floor plan and hull.
    Cougar FTD shares the above 20' 5" hull and a different floor plan.
    Eyra is 20' 2" and has a unique hull and the floor plan with the coffin doors on center storages.

Caracal is 19' 8" and again is a unique boat hull and floor plan.

People get confused because we don't use models with numbers indicating sizes and it's no different than a JYZ model or a SRZ model, if you don't know the nomenclature what difference are the letters. We just use names to convey the structure.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    They are different floor plans and in some cases the hulls.

Lynx is 20' 7" and has a unique floor plan and hull, it is top tier level
    Puma FTD is a 20' 5" model with a different floor plan and hull.
    Cougar FTD shares the above 20' 5" hull and a different floor plan.
    Eyra is 20' 2" and has a unique hull and the floor plan with the coffin doors on center storages.

Caracal is 19' 8" and again is a unique boat hull and floor plan.

People get confused because we don't use models with numbers indicating sizes and it's no different than a JYZ model or a SRZ model, if you don't know the nomenclature what difference are the letters. We just use names to convey the structure.

BCB
    Thanks for the reply, should be joining the family soon. Just not sure which model and if I am buying new or used.
    Boatless