Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ionic or amped outdoors...

Can't decide, both look like good products, am gonna purchase 3 batteries next week.

2. Member
    I picked up Ionics from DrewTick on here, seem like great batteries out of the packaging, unfortunately I have to wait till Ice off to give them a true test.

I am running a small Amped outdoor battery on my Panoptix ice fishing rig running a 9 inch screen and it has been a beast so far this year.

3. Member
    I was looking at both, but the phone app to monitor the Iconic batteries sold me. Phone app in my opinion for monitoring your usage, charging time, amps used, and overall battery maintenance in real time while running, is priceless on the Iconic batteries. If you have a cell go bad, phone app will show it.

4. Member
    I too own the small Amped and Energized outdoors batteries for my ice fishing units and they haven't given me any trouble. I am yet to pull the trigger on the trolling motor batteries.

I know nothing of the individuals involved or the company they represent, but I will say that RangerZ has been quite persistent in keeping his thread on the front page of this forum, yet refuses to answer any questions about the evolution of stark power to ionic.

The prices track very closely between the ionic 50 and the amped 60. I would certainly think that the added reserve capacity would trump any advantage of the Bluetooth BMS. A nice feature indeed, but monitoring battery percentages that specifically is something you likely didn't do with your last set of batteries, and they still charged and worked. The same detail may be available via a coulomb counter, but that is beyond my electrical knowledge.

Based on the labels, you'd have 20% more reserve capacity with the amped over the other battery. Most of the screenshots show the Ionic capacity slightly more than the 50AH, but we don't know that the same isn't true about the amped battery. All we can deduct is that a 60ah battery is 20% more than a 50ah battery.

I have emailed amped with a couple questions and they have been prompt to respond. I got most of my questions answered, but I had also asked about reprogramming a dual pro charger for their batteries and that question was left unanswered. Maybe they missed it.

5. Member
    My Iconic 50 amp bats show total of 53-54 amps total capacity when fully charged and 100 amps show 107 amps total capacity when fully charged.

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Just like to mention that I am a BBC sponsor and do offer discount pricing on Ionics to BBC members.

BuzzBait53 your estimate is still good, let me know if I can answer any questions.

Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    I was looking at both, but the phone app to monitor the Iconic batteries sold me. Phone app in my opinion for monitoring your usage, charging time, amps used, and overall battery maintenance in real time while running, is priceless on the Iconic batteries. If you have a cell go bad, phone app will show it.
    ^^^^This was a huge Factor in my decision^^^^^
    Also Andy was extremely helpful in helping me and answering my questions!!
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

8. Member
    I bought 2 50 ah ionics for my ultrex. Couldn’t be happier with the product and service from drewtick

9. Member
    Here is some information I compiled on lithiums
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....hlight=Lithium

Made my decision today and went with 2 Amped outdoors 60ah 12volt and a 1200cca 60 amp cranking battery, did also purchase the Ionic lithium 4 bank charger. I have been buying batteries my entire adult life and never needed a app why start now.The price was also a deciding factor.$1,170.00 vs Ionic $1,675.00 a 505 dollar saving, will keep yall up on how they perform.

11. Member
    buzzbait sorry i didnt see this post sooner......if you didnt see any of my other comments you could use code "Jarrett" for 10% off your order at amped!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    Made my decision today and went with 2 Amped outdoors 60ah 12volt and a 1200cca 60 amp cranking battery, did also purchase the Ionic lithium 4 bank charger. I have been buying batteries my entire adult life and never needed a app why start now.The price was also a deciding factor.$1,170.00 vs Ionic $1,675.00 a 505 dollar saving, will keep yall up on how they perform.
    Didn't know they were back in stock. What charger are you planning on using? Thanks

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I thought Amped batteries couldn't use any other charger but their own?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

14. Member
    You can use any charger specifically designed to charge lithium or even get by with a some chargers set for charging agm batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Phippy View Post
    Didn't know they were back in stock. What charger are you planning on using? Thanks
    Purchased the Ionic 4 bank lithium charger.

16. Member
    Drewtick’s service level is so high I’d buy whatever he’s selling.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I thought Amped batteries couldn't use any other charger but their own?
    no. He verified with me that it'll even work with Minn Kota's with AGM battery setting.
    50th Anniversary
    1998 Skeeter Zx195C
    200 V MAX

Amped told me they are going to have a 60ah 36v battery with charger soon. Were you able to get the 12v 60ah batteries? Website shows out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownBass View Post
    Amped told me they are going to have a 60ah 36v battery with charger soon. Were you able to get the 12v 60ah batteries? Website shows out of stock.
    Looks like they already have the charger, just have to select the setting that matches the battery---

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownBass View Post
    Yes I did , Matt was able to work it out for me to have 2 shipped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast