Talon Install Completed - A Few Notes

I recently installed a set of 10 foot, bluetooth talons and universal jackplate brackets on a 2008 Procraft Super Pro 210, with a slide master jp. I got a bunch of info and tips from this board and Gene(JR19) and just wanted to say thanks, as well as add a few notes that might help someone else along the way.

• For starters, the Talon install was actually pretty easy but having an extra set of hands, especially when positioning the talon itself onto the flag bracket was helpful
    • On the slide master jp you end up discarding the outer plate (black w/slide master logo) but you keep the inner plate which is threaded. The new hardware is the same size as the inner plate threads
    • The hardware comes with enough anti-seize for all bolts
    • If mounting on a jp you have to loosen the jp bolts, you might mark the current height of your jp with a marker beforehand because mine dropped a half inch when I did the second side, so had to get that back in place
    • After getting the first piece of the bracket mounted to the jp, the arm and flag went very easy and have a bunch of customizable adjustments. Note, I did see where someone flipped that first piece around, to where the tube looking portion was closer to the transom. The idea being that you want the weight as close to the transom as possible, but I had a ladder to clear so didn't do that.
    • The talons have a parasitic draw when not in use, so I opted to buy a disconnect switch. There is a sticky thread on this board with a wiring diagram from Gene. I followed that exactly and used the seaflo switch, which was less than $20 on amazon
    • I opted to hookup the alarm wire(green wire) from the Talon and just combined the two from each, and ran it to the dash using 12 AWG. I hooked up to the fuel gauge(purple wire), which for me, is only hot when the key is on
    • As far as pairing the talon remotes, there is a very simple video on youtube. Note, somewhere I messed up and had the port and starboard backwards but if you download the Talon App, you can switch the orientation within the app

That was about it, and thanks again.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

3. BBC SPONSOR
    nice write up, thank you!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks! Also should have mentioned that I purchased from mygreenoutdoors.com and the customer service was great and they shipped quick so thanks to them as well. Went back and forth between Talon or Power Pole but had I gone with PP definitely would have purchased from K&K. Not sure you can go wrong with either product but the board sponsors definitely know their stuff.

I am glad I could help you. I ask K n K to make the thread about wiring Talons, disconnect and the alarm a sticky thread. Since then I have had several people PM me questions and I have always tried to helped as best I can. I often get real detailed in my explanation but in reality its real simple. I am glad to see you got your installed.