Bladed Jig Trailers - Rigging Orientation

OK so other than a Lake Fork minnow or Yamamoto Zako, how are you guys rigging a chatterbait twin tail trailer? Tails vertical or horizontal? Looking at these Scroggins trailers - 6D80F20E-D96A-4B79-9D6F-2A3B6844D024.jpeg

Always vertical for me if I'm imitating baitfish or bluegill.. Horizontal as a craw imitator.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Never put much thought in it, I always put them horizontal with out thinking about it
    Cheese County Bass Club

Heard two different guys on the BPT at Okeechobee mention the Berkley Chigger Bug being the perfect bluegill imitator on the back of a swim jig, but couldn't tell if they were rigging it vertically???

I mostly use a little dipper with them, and I'll fish them tail up, tail down, and sideways depending on how many bites I'm getting.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

I always rig those types of twin twister tails horizontally.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Flatter trailers like that depend on whether you want to keep it up shallow or a little deeper. A flat tail trailer rigged horizontal will make the lure plane up higher,rigged vertical will allow the lure to go deeper. Same with a boot tail,tail down rides higher,tail up runs a little deeper. Good little tips to keep in mind. While we’re at it,a thicker body trailer will tend to lessen the vibration of the lure,slimmer trailers will really make it dance. Maximum vibration can be had with an old school split tail trailer.

I rig a rage grub vertically if mimicking bluegill, bream. I usually use a single tail grub or swim bait if mimicking shad shad and that gets rigged tail-down.

9. Member
    I just ordered some Big Bite Baits Kamikaze Swimon trailers. Saw Jeff Kriet throwing some on the back of a chatterbait on the Bass Pros. Looked real good.

10. Member
    I pretty much Only throw a white 1/2 oz Jackhammer with a Razor Shadz as the trailer....works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by g2072 View Post
    I just ordered some Big Bite Baits Kamikaze Swimon trailers. Look real good.
    If you like those, You will like the Zipper Grub too... "gregc20" will save you 20%

https://fishingcompleteinc.com/products/zipper-grub

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

12. Member
    Use Z craws and rig 'em same as I do on a jig, horizontal. Fish have no sense of reasoning, so it doesn't matter.
    2018 Phoenix

Lol. If I’m trying to imitate a bluegill, I’m not putting any tail on horizontal, they’re not dolphins or whales LOL

According to Josh Bertrand’s IG page today, he was rigging the Chigger Bug vertical to give it more of a bluegill look
    Attached Images Attached Images