Xpress X21 stability and dry ride?

How is the stability of the Xpress X21 to say a Ranger 519?

I'm in the market, and the boats I'm looking at are the following:

Sea Ark BC 210

Xpress X21

Lund Pro Bass

Vexus 2080 / 1980

Gator Trax Strike 20'

Out of all five the GT I'm sure would be the best, but I'm a tad bit leary of buying a custom boat and then finding out it isn't exactly what I want, since I'm sure you would take a huge loss on the purchase price.

I've not totally ruled out going back to fiberglass, but I love being able to not worry about scratching a fiberglass boat, since I take very good care of my boats.

For those of you who own an Xpress X21 how dry is the ride and what about the stability for two larger guys compared to say a Ranger 519?

I've read on here that some guys have bought them and they said they were bad for bobbing in the water, which was terrible on a person with a bad back. Is this true?

I had an Xpress XP180 back in the day as a crappie boat about 10 years ago and it wasn't that stable and the boat never fished flat it always fished bow high. I know the Xpress XP180 was their lower tier boat, so how would the higher end Xpress X21 boats compare? Also, I do remember the aluminum trailer that came with the boat wasn't the best and the overall workmanship was somewhat crude, but the hull seemed solid.

If you were to buy anyone of the top five, which one would you select?

2. Banned
    I can only vouch for the X19 Drive it like you stole it in rough conditions and you'll stay dry.
    Putt around in the 30s and you'll get wet and beat up.

3. Member
    Which 519 are you referring to? The older original one (519vs) from the late-90's was 20' and eventually was renamed into the 520vx that is so legendary. During that time (late-90's and early-00's) they had a 518vx that was 19' that would be renamed to be 519vx (mid-00's). The 19' Rangers are a totally different beast when it comes to rough water than their bigger +20' brothers.

I've had a 518vx. It fished like a dock, it ran like a sports car, and rode stiff in rough water.
    I've had a X19. It fished great in backwater but bobbed in open water (my bad back couldn't take it and why I sold it), ran like a race car and was by far the smoothest riding boat I've owned (when it had its Trophy prop on).

I have no experience with the X21.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

4. Member
    Had the 21. Rode great and holeshot was awesome. Storage is not completely dry. Disadvantages are they porpoise with poles, catch the wind a lot while on trolling motor and the trailers leave a lot to be desired. Sold mine and back to glass.

5. Member
    Have had a X19 and X21 and I never get wet. Rides great and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

I have an X21TS 2006 with a Yamaha SHO 2019. We recarpeted it 2 years ago and updated all the electronics. I have had glass boats but I will keep my X21TS. A friend of ours has a 2009 Ranger with a Yamaha HPDI 250 our boats rides about the same and both are a dry ride in big water in the South. My boat does blow around a little more than his but the Minn Kota 112 Ultrex takes care of that. We both fish from each others boat from time to time to time, ride is close to the same. Both of us have back trouble, we run around 40 to 50 mph most time to take it easy on the old backs. I'm going in the morning for a block for the lower back

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula