Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    One of the few good things about getting old....lifetime fishing and hunting license 15.00
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinR83 View Post
    Not dodging him and openly not being afraid to talk to him probably did more than a shiny new boat did.
    this makes sense. happened to me on lake mead. warden boat seemed to be checking every boat and person on land. we kept ending up in same area as him 3 times, but never stopped us.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    Mercury 250 Proxs 4 stroke

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Take a pic of your license from your phone. Unless you don’t carry your phone with you lol.
    Pa law at the time was It MUST be visable on your person at all times while fishing

As in pinned to your hat, shirt, pants etc...not in your pocket or wallet or glovebox
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

4. Banned
    I have only had one Game Warden check me while I was fishing but have seen all kinds of other boats pulled over. I honestly think they leaving the bass boat guys alone for the most part. Only time I have seen them focus on the bassboat crowd was at a tournament on Falls last spring and they were pulling everybody over that was blowing thru the no wake zone at a bridge right down from Ledgerock during the blast off that morning. Lucky we were idling thru and he was sitting on the back side when we came thru. I think he had stopped the next three boats in line before we got thru.

5. Member
    I think when they see thousands of dollars of fishing stuff they figure why wouldn't you have a licence.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

I dunno I have had Texas game wardens pull up to me more then once. Course I have never been in your situation.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    If he don’t see you fishing he can’t check your FISHING license ..well he can ask but if he don’t physically see you with a fishing pole in your hand he can not write you a ticket for fishing ...now if your state requires a boating license he could of asked to see that..for all he knows you was trying the shiny new ranger out... well that was before you told him you hadn’t caught any I guess he figured you had been fishing then...still he didn’t see you fishing..I got out of a ticket one time in my teens for the exact same thing ..my lawyer told game warden before trial and I quote “I’m getting ready to make a fool out of you “...
    Last edited by ridgerunner11; 02-27-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    I think when they see thousands of dollars of fishing stuff they figure why wouldn't you have a licence.
    That's not the case here at all, they make a point of checking bass boats.

9. Member
    That's strange. My fishing and hunting license never expires

10. Member
    similar story,fished a tx in ohio one time ,there was a courtesy coast guard boat check in the parking lot,so I went through it,got my coast guard sticker to put on my windshield. following year fishing the upper Niagara, my buddy failed to tell me he had a doctors appointment that afternoon,well after 3 hours of not showing to said appointment or answering his cell, his wife called and reported us missing(wich I had no idea all this was happening)but anyhow when the coast guard found us(they were not happy at all),after the explanation of what was going on,they said they were gonna board the boat on the port side and do a safety check,when I swung the boat around and they saw the sticker on the windshield they cancelled the safety inspection

Quote Originally Posted by Commanche20 View Post
    One of the few good things about getting old....lifetime fishing and hunting license 15.00
    Same here. Didn't get the lifetime when I was younger because at that time I couldn't afford the $175
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

We got stopped kayaking down a river in Tennessee about three years ago. Two Game Wardens, older guy and a younger guy. Older guy wanted to see my sons trout stamp which he didn’t have because he wasn’t fishing for trout. Guy went on and about how he could write me a huge ticket. I finally told him to write it. Young guy had our license so the older guy hadn’t seen my name, he was just the one giving us a hard time. He then asked me if I knew any people with my last name. Long story short, he was a relative I hadn’t seen in many years. He was at my dads funeral back in October and asked me if I remembered him. I told him how could I forget, he was a complete jerk and he needed to be nicer to people.

13. Member
    Mine autorenews

14. Member
    Funny. In the winter with all the snowbirds here. Seems like all they check is the pontoons and out of town boats speck fishing or for the northerners "crappie" . They leave us bass fisherman alone for the most part.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

15. Member
    When I had my Tracker they would constantly pull me over and check my license. Ask me where I was going and where I have been. How many Gatorades I drank. What is that skunky smell.
    You damn guys with your Ranger privilege make me sick.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

Quote Originally Posted by wstutts View Post
    Same here. Didn't get the lifetime when I was younger because at that time I couldn't afford the $175
    Got mine when I got out of the Army, very inexpensive with the help of my VA rating.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Lifetime License--- one less license to buy

18. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    Out local possum cops remind me DAILY when they check my boat and fishing license. Like small town cops ith no donut shop
    As a C.O., I usually preferred Minnow Mountie or Perch Police when I was on water detail... Possum Cop was fine for the terrestrial stuff, though.

FWIW... One of the better waterfowl violation cases I ever made was on some non-resident higher ups in Ducks Unlimited. They did drive a shiny new Suburban, though, so I probably shouldn't have bothered with them.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    When I had my Tracker they would constantly pull me over and check my license. Ask me where I was going and where I have been. How many Gatorades I drank. What is that skunky smell.
    You damn guys with your Ranger privilege make me sick.
    Lmao.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

20. Member
    I think he would need to see that you were actually fishing to check your license.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast