Skeeter - No Warranty of 2nd Owners

I recently found out there is no warranty on Skeeter for Second owners regardless if it's a brand new boat. I found this to be troubling if i bought a 2020 Skeeter. Who will buy a $60k boat from me with no warranty.

2. Member
    Have they changed this?
    The first retail purchaser may transfer the warranty to the second retail purchaser, during the first ten (10) years after the original retail purchase of the Skeeter boat from an authorized dealer. Structural Warranty to the second retail purchaser will expire 10 years from the first retail purchase date. Coverage remaining under the Structural Warranty may be transferred by an authorized Skeeter dealer to a second purchaser for a $200 fee. The transfer must occur within ten (10) years of the original retail sell and the transfer fee must be paid within thirty (30) days of the purchase of the boat to transfer the warranty. Proof of purchase date is required. The warranty may only be transferred once. Such notice shall be effective when received by Skeeter at One Skeeter Road, Kilgore, Texas 75662.

3. Member
    I believe this still holds true, but structural warranty doesn't really cover a lot for a 1-year old boat. For example if the paint starts bubbling or chipping. The seats rip or cooler lid falls apart. I guess the $200 does cover the structure of the boat which is limited dollars for good coverage. For a new or fairly new boat, you would think they could support a lot of stuff for 3-years. I should have done more investigation into this before the purchase. I'll make sure to handle this different in the future.

4. Member
    Structural warranty is still there as described above. The Yamaha YES coverage can also be transferred to a second owner.

5. Member
    Skeeter, and a lot of boat manufacturers, have had the same warranty for 20 years and it has never affected the resale of their boats. It does suck to buy a year 1 boat and loose the lifetime hull warranty. Most of the rest of the boat is only covered for a year or 2 anyways, and electronics are whatever the electronics warranty is. Which most of them is only original owner. That's why the no ownership demo deals don' t last long. You get the one year old used price, all rebates and promotions still ably, but your are the original first owner with full warranties.

6. Member
    This x2 ^^, did this when I bought my 2009 21iclass in 2010.. skeeter and Yamaha had rebates and made it very affordable.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    Skeeter, and a lot of boat manufacturers, have had the same warranty for 20 years and it has never affected the resale of their boats. It does suck to buy a year 1 boat and loose the lifetime hull warranty. Most of the rest of the boat is only covered for a year or 2 anyways, and electronics are whatever the electronics warranty is. Which most of them is only original owner. That's why the no ownership demo deals don' t last long. You get the one year old used price, all rebates and promotions still ably, but your are the original first owner with full warranties.
    That's how I bought my boat also. 20 hours and a significant discount vs new.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

8. Member
    The only one I know of not like that is a Cat. They warranty for life no matter how many owners. You do have to have an authorized dealer inspect and there is a transfer fee. I wouldn't fret about resell value. 99% of the brands are the way stated above. I've never had an issue re-selling a boat because of hull warranty. Motor warranty is another story.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    The only one I know of not like that is a Cat. They warranty for life no matter how many owners. You do have to have an authorized dealer inspect and there is a transfer fee. I wouldn't fret about resell value. 99% of the brands are the way stated above. I've never had an issue re-selling a boat because of hull warranty. Motor warranty is another story.
    Never heard of an inspection with Cat. Been involved with 2 warranty transfers. Neither required an inspection. nor was it mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    In 2006 I bought a 6 month old "Memo" boat that a Pro was using and even made the payment directly to Skeeter

They (Skeeter) told me even though the boat wasn't ever "Owned" by the pro I was the second owner and wasn't eligible for the full first owner warranty
    "The handicapped angler"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    In 2006 I bought a 6 month old "Memo" boat that a Pro was using and even made the payment directly to Skeeter

They (Skeeter) told me even though the boat wasn't ever "Owned" by the pro I was the second owner and wasn't eligible for the full first owner warranty
    This may have been true in that case, but in some of ours, the buyer is first owner. On my 5th boat under this deal. Before this I got a discount off of dealer cost, but had to buy the boat when I received it. Then sold it every 2 years. Under that deal I was the original owner.

12. Member
    That’s TOTAL BS!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbassguy55 View Post
    That’s TOTAL BS!
    LoL, happy fourth!

This subject is, well... uh as many stories as piles in the pasture.