Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chesdin current conditions

Might be able to get out for couple hours on Sunday. Any info on lake? Wondering if it is still muddy from rain/snow. Figure the water is probably in the upper 40's?

I have no clue where to even start there this time of year, but I am in need of some time on the water.
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    Had a good 3-4 hours on Chesdin Sunday afternoon with my son. Didn't even get a bit. lol

We have been very busy at home lately. Son is freshman in high school. He has have baseball practice for travel ball and high school off season workout all winter. Had tryouts for High School this week ( he made the team again this year. He made it last year as an 8th grader). He was kinda stressed over that ( which in return stressed mom and me). My daughter has middle school cheer and Competition cheer. She has practices almost everday too. ( Her team is pretty good ) They have finished first is all events so far this year and have gotten envited to Summit (Disney). So it have been pretty hectic for my wife and I. Was nice just to spend couple hours in boat with my son.
    Semper Fi

3. Member
    Yes it is. Before you can blink he will be gone to college. Enjoy the time. Go when you can, or just ride to Sheetz and get a chili dog. Mine has spring break next week. Hope we can get out some. He will be captain for his old high school team on Gaston in April. So we will go down there at least one day next week and do some looking around.

What was the Chesdin water like? What was the water temp?

4. Member
    Water temp 48-49 most places saw 50 in one place contain lake. Was very dirty. Maybe 6-10 visibility. I could not find clean water anywhere. The 2 creeks I wanted to fish ( cattle, whippernock) already had a lot of boats in them fishing. So I just moved on and tried to find a bite elsewhere. Never did though.
    Semper Fi

5. Member
    Thanks. Looking forward to some action there soon.

6. Member
    Water was stained down lake and clear in the river yesterday. Temps were 54-55.5 degrees. Caught 3 bass and a pike, all closer to od in the river.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

7. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Fished chesdin yesterday... along with about 150 other boats. Caught one very small bass all day.. Every March i go there thinking I am going to crush it and end up zeroing or only catching one. Rough time for the first outing of the year.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

Quote Originally Posted by johnw91 View Post
    Fished chesdin yesterday... along with about 150 other boats. Caught one very small bass all day.. Every March i go there thinking I am going to crush it and end up zeroing or only catching one. Rough time for the first outing of the year.
    LOL. I bet you couldn't fit another boat in Cattle Creek. Warm weather and sunshine, everybody has the same idea.

9. Member
    I'm assuming that's not including all the pleasure boaters that all too soon will be out there on the weekend as well. For all the people that say it's a hard lake to fish, there sure are a lot that keep going back.

I enjoy going to Chesdin on the Thursdays or Fridays that I have off now and again, kind of can't wait for the kids to be out of school so we can go during the week and avoid the weekend mess, wherever we go. I think there's going to be some Gaston visits this summer...we'll see. Can't get around the convenience of Chesdin being 20 minutes away though.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

10. Member
    That is why I go there. When I only have couple hours it works. When I have weekend off we go to our place at Gaston.

I have a special place in my heart for Chesdin, but it sure ticks me off trying to catch fish there now.
    Semper Fi

11. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    I'm assuming that's not including all the pleasure boaters that all too soon will be out there on the weekend as well. For all the people that say it's a hard lake to fish, there sure are a lot that keep going back.

I enjoy going to Chesdin on the Thursdays or Fridays that I have off now and again, kind of can't wait for the kids to be out of school so we can go during the week and avoid the weekend mess, wherever we go. I think there's going to be some Gaston visits this summer...we'll see. Can't get around the convenience of Chesdin being 20 minutes away though.
    I catch more fish in one trip to Gaston then I will all year at Chesdin.. definitely make the drive!
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnw91 View Post
    I catch more fish in one trip to Gaston then I will all year at Chesdin.. definitely make the drive!
    That's definitely what I need to keep the boys interested. At 4 and 7, there has to be some catching, almost doesn't matter what it is. Though I will say, the 7 year old I think is learning patience some through the process of fishing, which is kind of cool to see.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

13. Member
    The 10° rise in surface water temp has fish enjoying some shallows. Don't put it off. They are hungry.

Headed out for a couple of hours today

Quote Originally Posted by Basser2be View Post
    Headed out for a couple of hours today
    How'd you do? I'm headed out tomorrow.
    Wishing I was Fishing

16. Member
    Don’t forget some topwater. There were big fish chasing bait near the shore around lay downs.

Quote Originally Posted by bassinman215 View Post
    How'd you do? I'm headed out tomorrow.
    It's a late. I didn't do much fishing I did more looking around. The wife and I are going tomorrow. How did you fair today?

Quote Originally Posted by Basser2be View Post
    It's a late. I didn't do much fishing I did more looking around. The wife and I are going tomorrow. How did you fair today?
    Got one good one (5.24) on a jerkbait. Didn't catch anything shallow, but lots of bluegill are poking around. Water temp was 56-62, depending on where I went.
    Wishing I was Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by bassinman215 View Post
    Got one good one (5.24) on a jerkbait. Didn't catch anything shallow, but lots of bluegill are poking around. Water temp was 56-62, depending on where I went.
    The wife and I went out this morning we fished for about 2 hours and my trolling motor crap out but I did catch two the biggest was 3.7lbs both was in 2 to 3 foot water. The water temperature was 60 to 63.

20. Member
    Gonna be tough to keep 6' from others in Whippernock and Cattle creek tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast