Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Ya, people need to go back to work so I can have my weekdays on the water back to normal!

J/K. Stay safe all. Was going to try to get out today on Chesdin, no looking like it will happen. Hope it is/was a good day.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

2. Member
    Went to Chesdin yesterday and the water temp around 60 degrees and the water was stained with about a foot of visibility. Fishing was okay, the bass were either way back under the docks or down in about 10 ft of water. Hooked into at least a 5 lb one down near the dam and lost it at the boat when I went to net it, oh well.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    Went to Chesdin yesterday and the water temp around 60 degrees and the water was stained with about a foot of visibility. Fishing was okay, the bass were either way back under the docks or down in about 10 ft of water. Hooked into at least a 5 lb one down near the dam and lost it at the boat when I went to net it, oh well.
    How far up the lake did you go. I'm planning on going tomorrow afternoon and was going to run up the old river.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser2be View Post
    How far up the lake did you go. I'm planning on going tomorrow afternoon and was going to run up the old river.
    I didn't run that far up at all and mostly was hitting main lake points.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    I didn't run that far up at all and mostly was hitting main lake points.
    Thanks

6. Member
    I went Saturday afternoon. Spent a couple hours hitting main points, then went all the way to the back of Whippernock, and after about 3.5 hours of nothing, snagged this beauty on my first cast with a whopper plopper. 9lbs, 10oz. Triple my previous PB :)
    IMG_0690.jpg
    Last edited by bedfordboy116; 04-13-2020 at 12:29 PM.

7. Member
    Damn! Now that's a quality fish out of Chesdin. I thought my 7-3 out of there in January was good!

8. Member
    I couldn't believe it dude. I was shaking the whole time, from when I first realized how big she was, until several minutes after I let her go. Catch of a lifetime, for me at least. I've not had much luck there in the last couple years. 6-8 trips, and that was my 5th bass.

9. Member
    It's the lake's way of keeping you coming back. The 7-3 I caught was also after really pretty sporadic fishing there. It's been said to be a tough lake to figure out but tough or not, a biggun like that will keep a guy coming back.

10. Member
    That my friend is a Nice Bass!!! That lake has definitely been stingy to me over last few years.

Congratulations.
    Semper Fi

11. Member
    Thanks fellas. I was able to get it on camera too. I started vlogging last year, and was very happy I had that experience captured to share with my friends/family.

12. Member

Here's the link to the video if anyone cares to see it.

Nice fish. That is a citation/ trophy bass in the state of Virginia good job.
    Chesdin is tough but it does have some quality bass in it. Being my home lake I hope to catch my first trophy bass there.

14. Member
    So I've been told. Unfortunately, I was so excited I never got the weight on camera, only took the pic with the ruler for recording the length, so at least I can get the citation on that. Probably gonna look into getting a replica made as well. Anyone have experience doing that, and have a recommendation?

15. Member
    Congrats! Awesome catch, humbling lake for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12