Question for Ghost owners

For those Ghost owners who have programed the foot pedal switches to operate their power poles, do you find yourself accidently stepping on the switch when using the trolling motor? I like the idea but can see where I might deploy the poles when I don't want to! I noticed some of the ones I have seen installed still use the separate big foot switches from Power Pole.

Secondly, how do you like the Ghost? If you had it to do again would you go the same way?

Thanks!

2. Member
    Can't program the pedal yet until the update I believe
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

Love the Ghost. My team partners can't believe how quite it is. We were laughing cause there was almost a wake behind the boat on high. Looking forward to the integration update and the side scan transducer. Right now it just has HDI. No wires to get hung up or transducers to get ripped off. One of the guys I fish with said hes selling his ultrex and getting it... (my 2 cents)
    2008 Triton Tr21Xhp / Merc 250pro XS
    St Croix /Abu Garcia
    Go Navy

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    Can't program the pedal yet until the update I believe
    Oh, did not know that. Thanks!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdevette View Post
    Love the Ghost. My team partners can't believe how quite it is. We were laughing cause there was almost a wake behind the boat on high. Looking forward to the integration update and the side scan transducer. Right now it just has HDI. No wires to get hung up or transducers to get ripped off. One of the guys I fish with said hes selling his ultrex and getting it... (my 2 cents)
    Nice to hear, Thanks!

6. Banned
    I’ll bash Lowrance here when many won’t. So far I have zero complaints on my ghost and I’ve had it out over 50 times. I don’t think it’ll be too easy to accidentally press the PP buttons, I have to try hard to hit the anchor button.

7. Member
    Good news as I am about to pull the trigger on one myself. I did notice a Bass Pro Tour angler using a ghost and he was depressing the anchor button and it looked like he had to try to depress it.

8. Member
    Love mine and looking forward to having the buttons available. You have to make a conscious effort to hit the anchor button, there is like a small ridge on the side. Just slipping your foot over there doesn't trip it. I usually have to lift my foot off and use my toe or front of the foot to actually make constant.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    Once the update is released, you will also be able to deploy the anchor mode by touching the HDS Screen, or pressing the remote button.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the responses.