Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    The dow made up 650 points in the last 10 minutes of trading.
    The NASDAQ finished in the Green. Can't time a crazy market.

2. Member
    Buying opportunity.....

3. Member
    I posted this on another forum. This could be a good sign as well.

Most semi-conductors finished solidly in the green today. The top 5 companies with the most China exposure are all semi-conductors. That may be another decent sign. SOXX was up 2.25% today.

4. Member
    All these people saying they are only down 3% for the year is true but if you pay attention to your portfolio you will see that you lost about 13% in the last week!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bk626 View Post
    All these people saying they are only down 3% for the year is true but if you pay attention to your portfolio you will see that you lost about 13% in the last week!
    Maybe, maybe not. I have some clients that are only down 4-5% since Monday. If you own a bunch of bonds you have done quite well in this. AGG is slightly positive for the week.

6. Member
    Maybe, maybe not. I have some clients that are only down 4-5% since Monday. If you own a bunch of bonds you have done quite well in this. AGG is slightly positive for the week.
    Well that is true but you also wouldn't have been up 16% from the start of this year.

7. Member
    Absolutely. The 10 year is now at 1.17%
    Got a link? A quick Google search showed anywhere between 2.7 and 3.9

8. Member
    You know I'm not out one penny. All of my original investment is there. In fact all of my matching money is there. That alone packs a big increase to my personal investment. The gains are still there too. It would take a more than this week to wipe that out. Now if you want me to say my total fell from its high, well yes it did. But see it was never my money. It was a very large gain that I made with my money but it wasn't my personal money. I still have tons more than if I would have put it in a bvank or under my mattress.

I look at it this way we need some big dips. This is how I make more money by buying more stocks etc at a lower price. If I keep buying it all at the top I will never make any money.

So if numbers bother you I will give you a tip. Don't look at your 410k. Though I enjoy looking at mine no matter what the market is doing. No matter what I will end up with far more than what I ever personaly put in it.

9. Member
    Well that is true but you also wouldn't have been up 16% from the start of this year.
    Agreed. I haven't read through the entire thread so I don't know if anyone has made that claim. Hell, the S&P was only up around 2.5% YTD before this crash happened.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Got a link? A quick Google search showed anywhere between 2.7 and 3.9

https://www.marketwatch.com/investin...countrycode=bx

Just to clarify, I am talking about the yield on the 10-year treasury that generally drives consumer lending rates and not a mortgage rate of 1.15%.

11. Member
    I can make that claim. I was up 15% for the year and now down 3%

12. Member
    You were up 15% YTD going into Monday? Good Lord. What was your top holding?

13. Banned
    My oldest IRA has still averaged doubling every 6 years even thru 2008. So I’m hoping that trend continues lol

14. Member
    For the week I'm down 5 tournament ready Rangers. I was buying Friday morning. Monday the buyers will be back. Unless there is really bad virus news this weekend.
    2017 Z521C with Evinrude G2 250 HO
    2020 RT198 with Merc 150 Pro XS

15. Member
    assuming you were all stock you may have lost 13%
    What is the point of the comment? Not trying to be nasty but It is just a week in the market.
    The market lost more than this in Q4 2018 wiping out entire years return. The sky did not fall and SP 500 was up 31% in 2019.

16. Member
    Hope all the advisors here that pulled out decided to jump back in on Friday.

17. Member
    Uhhh, oh, lets look at this everyday. That gives you a real sense of what's going on. Looking at a ytd or something gives a little perspective. Did you lose $ last year? Its all perspective. The sky hasn’t fallen.

I was in cash and securities during the drop. Got back into stocks (C fund which tracks S&P 500) on Friday COB. Nice gains today, and futures are up again. I timed it right for once. This will be a short trade. Out by the weekend. I’m up 7.65% since January. Being an election year I’ll be treading lightly in stocks. Short term buys, and then retreat to bonds, or securities.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange Basser View Post
    Buying opportunity.....

Quite the rebound today. S & P 500 was up 4.6% on the day.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast