Sideview transducer placement

Where is everyone mounting sideview transducer on stratos. Mine is in the middle and I am not getting a good picture

2. Member
    Mine is mounted to the bottom of the holeshot plate on my jackplate.
    What issues are you having?
    Is the transducer mounted to be level when boat is on the water?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    Mine is mounted to the bottom of the holeshot plate on my jackplate.
    What issues are you having?
    Is the transducer mounted to be level when boat is on the water?
    I am interested in this also any chance you would post a pic of where you have your transducer mounted? Appreciate it.

I have a picture but the quality is horrible...hopefully you can see enough to get the idea. TH Marine 6"ZLock with a holeshot plate. Humminbird side image for a 997 mounted under the jackplate/holeshot plate. I mounted it on the starboard side. I have seen many mounted this way and have yet to hear of anyone who had any issues. I had zero problems with side imagine picture but I did have water pressure issues. Soon after I mounted the side imagine I was running down the main lake about 40 mph and hit a floating boat dock that had got away from the bank and was barely floating/suspended under the surface of the water. On the way back in after I made the impact I watch my gauges like a hawk and this is when I noticed my water pressure was lower than normal. In my mind something to do with the impact caused this. I installed a new water pump but my pressure was still low. I fought this issue for a few weeks. When warm weather got here and I ran a long sweeping turn at high rpm I and got a hot alarm. It took me a while to figure it out but it was my transducer causing air bubbles on plane. This was causing my inlets to not get the amount of water flow they needed. I ordered new inlet screens that had a higher profile so they would pick up more water...My water pressure instantly jumped to where it is supposed to be. As I said I have seen dozens of people mount them like I did and have zero issues but for some reason I had water pressure issues due to too many air bubbles. I fixed my issues with larger water pick ups.

5. Member
    LSS2 Small.jpg
    This is how I installed mine and it works fine.