Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    Ask OZZY.
    You can't be implying Ozzie is in his right mind��

Over 1/2 our population does not get a flu shot. Reckon if that 1/2 also doesn't bother getting the coronavirus vaccine if it's available?

3. Member
    Corona virus is much more deadly than our typical flu and is killing about 4% of those who contract it. It’s absolutely something to pay attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
    Just watched on the NBC National news that scientists are 90% sure the virus originated from someone in China butchering an infected bat to sell in a "filthy market" and came in contact with the blood or urine. Gotta ask: Who in their right mind would eat a bat???
    Cat woman?
    Ranger Forever

over blown.

The current death rate is actually 3.4%

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

7. Member
    Population control . You go over to those nasty ass country’s and get something real bad stay over there .

8. Member
    Mask like in the photo are just a band aid and wont do anything. This is what you want. https://www.lowes.com/pd/3M-10-Pack-...-Mask/50344674

Even though the death rate is 4%, if it spreads like they say it might that will be a lot of dead people. A lot.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
    Just watched on the NBC National news that scientists are 90% sure the virus originated from someone in China butchering an infected bat to sell in a "filthy market" and came in contact with the blood or urine. Gotta ask: Who in their right mind would eat a bat???
    Sorry not buying it. China will never admit it came from one of their Bio-labs. The one that was located where the kids were protesting.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commanche20 View Post
    I don't understand the hoopla over this currently in the U.S.there are over 15 million people with the flue, and over 10 thousand have died according to the CDC . Also lest week the head of the NIH said the coronavirus was no more contagious than the flue. None of the msm wants to report on the flue. Why... Because it doesn't grab headlines
    Please understand that that the common flu does kill an alarming number of people in a years time. However poeople that are dying from the flu are often unable to take care of the needs of surviving the flu, dehydration, fever, etc. This virus has no cure as of yet and is killing people who are otherwise healthy and being treated by medical professionals. I am very glad that our country does not have a wait and see attitude about this and hope the the american people exercise common sense in exposing themselves and their family. I'm not going out and buying food and safety masks yet but lets just say I'm not going to be going to any China $40 massage places either.

12. Member
    The first case has arrived in the US of a person having the virus without any known travel or contact with those who have travelled. It is much more widespread than what they are showing or know I would bet. Most just probably don’t realize what they truly have and assume it’s just a cold or flu.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    and is killing people who are otherwise healthy.
    From what I can find that number is extremely low and the vast majority of thos who are succumbing to this virus are immunodeficient already. Curious if you have a credible link with accurate numbers for your statement. Truly curious. Thanks.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commanche20 View Post
    I don't understand the hoopla over this currently in the U.S.there are over 15 million people with the flue, and over 10 thousand have died according to the CDC . Also lest week the head of the NIH said the coronavirus was no more contagious than the flue. None of the msm wants to report on the flue. Why... Because it doesn't grab headlines
    The biggest problem with this virus and why the market is crashing is because now a days businesses are so globally integrated and many are heavily dependent on China whose economy has grown massively in recent years. When a country with such economic influence is largely quarantined and the people can't go to work this has massive impacts on the global economy. Yes it is not as deadly as the flu but the unknown nature of it and potential economic impact is why we are seeing all these headlines. Imagine what would happen if the U.S experienced a similar type of quarantine and people were forced to stay home from work.

15. Member
    The market will go up and go down. As a young kid back in 1987 I thought the world was ending when the market fell 23% in one day. The biggest drop ever. Bigger than what started the Great Depression. I don't need a economist trying to explain the recent down turn in the market to me. I have lived through them and you know what I came out of each one far better.

16. Member
    Darn just watched an ABC news clip that said Japan has shut down all schools for weeks.

17. Member
    Well if we remember correctly with the last flu with the other pres, . They acted like it was going to wipe out half of the United States. I don't think it going to be any worse. Im thinking its the big market guys wanting to cause a panic and using the flu as an excuse. Now the stocks are getting more affordable to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Well if we remember correctly with the last flu with the other pres, . They acted like it was going to wipe out half of the United States. I don't think it going to be any worse. Im thinking its the big market guys wanting to cause a panic and using the flu as an excuse. Now the stocks are getting more affordable to buy.
    I’m not a Tim foil hat guy but Japan has closed all public schools till the end of March. Sounds pretty serious to me.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I’m not a Tim foil hat guy but Japan has closed all public schools till the end of March. Sounds pretty serious to me.
    Trying to salvage the Olympics. Always follow the money.

I'm not that concerned about it, but I sure wouldn't fly to Japan to attend the Olympics if it was free. You might not be able to leave or return when you want. I don't see the Olympics happening.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast