Thread: Connector ID

Connector ID

100_4333.JPG

Does anyone have an idea of what this connector is? First glance and I thought XLR, but then noticed the pin pattern. Diameter is just over 3/4". It is on an old trailer I have and I would like to make another cable to connect trailer to truck and prefer to keep this cable as is and build a complete new one. Thanks for any help!

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Just a standard 4 pin round trailer connector. Not used much, but readily available online at places like etrailer and Amazon
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

It's a 4-pin connector used on utility trailers where there is no back-up light. Hot, Ground, Left and RIght wires only. You can get a 4-pin mount for your truck for it and a 5 or 7 pin for your boat and just jumper off one to the other, then you'll have both.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Just a standard 4 pin round trailer connector. Not used much, but readily available online at places like etrailer and Amazon
    THANK YOU SIR! I had no idea it was a "standard" trailer connector and had searched all sites you listed, but when I just did the search with "trailer" included it was like they were everywhere. Trailer is a 1968 that was completely redone and I thought the connector setup was something that had been added. Thanks again!!

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Islands View Post
    THANK YOU SIR! I had no idea it was a "standard" trailer connector and had searched all sites you listed, but when I just did the search with "trailer" included it was like they were everywhere. Trailer is a 1968 that was completely redone and I thought the connector setup was something that had been added. Thanks again!!
    I dealt with it about 20 years ago on a borrowed trailer. Didn’t want to mess with somebody else’s trailer. Called a little gas station/welding shop/trailer shop and the 70 year-old owner acted like I was crazy not knowing what it was. He built me an adapter for $15 and gave me back $10 for the parts when I was done with it.

But in that 20 years, this the first time I’ve come across one again!
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​