Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    That pretty much is the one and only benefit of carpeting. Otherwise, give me rubber. I put a large rubber floor mat over the carpet anyways to catch mud/debris from my footwear. Then I have to take it out once in a while and vacuum the darn carpet.

As for the main topic of the post --- who really needs a heated or cooled seat? Just get cloth upholstery and the seat quickly feels the same temp as your butt. In my experience, the only time I've noticed an extremely hot or cold seat, is when I've gotten in a vehicle with vinyl or leather. That's why I always get a cloth seat in vehicles I buy.

My truck has heated and cooled massaging seats...worth every dime on a fishing back during a two hour drive home.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Sound dampening from road noise.
    Foam under the rubber takes care of that.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    My truck has heated and cooled massaging seats...worth every dime on a fishing back during a two hour drive home.
    If I had those, a two hour trip would turn into four or five, counting naps.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Your local Skins dealer can add the heated part to your current seats. I wanted heated and ventilated. All I had prior was regular cloth SR5 seats. Cost will depend on how much custom stuff you want. I had black stitching put in mine to better pull the black interior together. They kept it overnight and whaaaalaaa nice perforated heated and ventilation seats. Three levels of warm, and three levels of ventilation. Seems like you already have leather? If so adding heaters is not as bad as you may think...especially if you're like me and park outside. The 12V Systems remote starter system took me maybe 1.5 hours to install?
    Yeah, I have leather already. Not sure why the heated seats were left off of the pro. My wife's car has the heated and vented seats, they are NICE. I had a shop give me a quote on heated seats one time and if I remember right, they wanted about $600 to add them. Not sure if that was reasonable or not. It started warming up and I forgot about it.

6. Member
    Take your seats apart and try and put em back together looking like it came from the factory. I bet you think 600 is a bargain.

My 2018 SR5 Premium has a LOT more features than my 2015 Pro. The LED headlights alone are fantastic. I swapped the bulbs out in my Pro, even with the upgraded bulbs these new LED's are SWEET. As far as off road features...my wife Lexus GX is a LOT more capable. The Pro's were/are built for high speed desert running. The money on features is in the suspension. As it turns out the "desert runners" with softer and longer suspension are a LOT better than the SR5 on the nasty roads around here. MY SR5 is pretty "trucky" I bet there are true 3/4 tons that ride as well. I'll be switching to Michelin LTX A/S when these AT's are done. Waiting not so patiently on that day LOL.

My "why didn't they include that" is the front center parking sensors. I have the sensors, but the front ones only catch the corners.

Take your seats apart and try and put em back together looking like it came from the factory. I bet you think 600 is a bargain.

My 2018 SR5 Premium has a LOT more features than my 2015 Pro. The LED headlights alone are fantastic. I swapped the bulbs out in my Pro, even with the upgraded bulbs these new LED's are SWEET. As far as off road features...my wife Lexus GX is a LOT more capable. The Pro's were/are built for high speed desert running. The money on features is in the suspension. As it turns out the "desert runners" with softer and longer suspension are a LOT better than the SR5 on the nasty roads around here. MY SR5 is pretty "trucky" I bet there are true 3/4 tons that ride as well. I'll be switching to Michelin LTX A/S when these AT's are done. Waiting not so patiently on that day LOL.

My "why didn't they include that" is the front center parking sensors. I have the sensors, but the front ones only catch the corners.
    Yeah, I looked up the seat warmers and they are only about 40-50 dollars. Then I started looking into it and thought, there is no way in hell that I will ever get these seats to look right again if I take them apart.

8. Member

I had a 17 Limited and now a 20 1794, yes the headlights are night and day difference. I just added Bilstein 6112 coilovers at 1.9" setting with 5160 rears (no lift) and the ride is great although the LT275/70r18 Trail Grapplers I added kind of took a little away from that. My wife's 20 4runner TRD ORP will be built up as our offroad/adventure vehicle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Yeah, I have leather already. Not sure why the heated seats were left off of the pro. My wife's car has the heated and vented seats, they are NICE. I had a shop give me a quote on heated seats one time and if I remember right, they wanted about $600 to add them. Not sure if that was reasonable or not. It started warming up and I forgot about it.

Heated seats come standard in a ‘20 Tundra Pro now. So does dual climate control, parking sensors, etc. I was in the process of buying a voodoo blue ‘19 Pro and was going to trade my Titan XD but just couldn’t make myself go backwards when I starting thinking about the stuff (options) my truck has now that you can’t get on a ‘19 Pro but you could in a limited or platinum. Don’t understand why the Pro doesn’t come with all options as standard equipment.

10. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    WHat kind of truck? or are they aftermarket?

11. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    As for the main topic of the post --- who really needs a heated or cooled seat? Just get cloth upholstery and the seat quickly feels the same temp as your butt. In my experience, the only time I've noticed an extremely hot or cold seat, is when I've gotten in a vehicle with vinyl or leather. That's why I always get a cloth seat in vehicles I buy.
    They're more about soothing my back pain then warming my butt

Heated seats are like my heated steering wheel - you don't know that you needed them until you drive something that has them

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Trailer doesn’t have heated seats, and I’m afraid PETA will get upset.

If the seats are hot enough you don't have to stop for lunch.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Maybe put the calves in a trailer next time?

" Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

14. Banned
    How long did they have the truck for the seats?
    Mine are heated but I miss the leather in this truck.

15. Member
    I dropped it off Monday @ 8:30AM when they opened and it was ready about 10AM Tuesday morning. It took a week to get the seat covers in because I didn't go back with the factory colors.

I had an installer in Nashville do them that does most of the dealership work in town. They told me they average 8 a day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12