Selling a car on FB marketplace

My wife listed our 2012 suburban on the marketplace. Got a guy claiming to be a serious buyer from out of state wanting to meet at my bank to make deal. anyone sold on FB marketplace before? Any issues?

2. Member
    I’ve never had a problem in FB marketplace yet.

3. Banned
    Bunch of tire kickers, but I’ve sold a ton on there too. If he wants to meet at a bank and bring cash, I don’t see any issues.

If he wants to meet at the bank, sounds legit. If the story changes, particularly if he claims to be in the military or to have just experienced some disastrous loss, and he wants to have his "agent" meet you and pay you extra for your troubles, run.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    Sold one a couple of months back 2with zero issues. I believe FB marketplace is a much better platform than Craigslist because its typically real people and not quiet wo anonymous as Craigslist.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

6. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I am sure there have been 1000's of "issues" when people have sold or bought a car/truck on Facebook. There are over 100,000,000 people on facebook just in the USA. I just bought a used Lexus from a girl whos husband was afraid/nervous about everything. Crazy fun experience, had to meet at bank,had to get Certified check or Money Orders because cash could be counterfeit, He left plates on car-tried to say car was stolen 2 months later after he got bill for ipass on my way home from sale even though car was registered to me with bill of sale and title... Maybe you should have wife take care of the sale.

7. Member
    I use marketplace daily. I’m also a dealer. I also just sold a used mattress set. There’s a buyer for everything I guess.

I just sold a car on Marketplace (Buick with the 3.8 supercharged V6). I told the buyer up front that the vehicle wasn't leaving the dealership until he had it registered and insured. He paid, took the title and got registered, got it insured, and was back in less than 2 hours to pick it up.

(606)305-1956

Couple years back I was selling a truck cap and had it listed on KIJIJI for 3 months without a single reply.

Put it on FB Marketplace and sold it the same day.

Marketplace gets my vote LOL

Sold several things on there without a problem. I like the fact that you can do a little spying on them before hand looking at their profile. Obviously it can be made up, but does make you feel a little safer than craigslist. Plus there have been times when I have had a connection with them through a mutual friend.

11. Member
    Sold a '12 Jeep Grand Cherokee loaded on FB marketplace 11k, met at his bank and had to drive to the title holding bank 1 hr away, then back to his bank. No issues,
    Cheese County Bass Club

12. Member
    I bought a truck last year off FB. Test drove went good so we drove to my bank. Went in together and got him a cashiers check check he gave me the title and I dropped him off at his house. Pretty easy. The only issue I see with meeting at your bank is how the funds will be transferred - electronic, cash, etc. I would not take a personal check even if I did it at my bank.

I sold an item on it last fall. The neighbor two doors over placed the ad for me. The neighbor between us was the buyer.
    Veteran, NRA Patron Life Member

Sod my F450 on Facebook marketplace. Most every inquiry I had came through Facebook. Met the guy at his credit union and they had my check waiting for me.

15. Member
    Tire kicked a tractor yesterday.

16. Member
    I listed a Toyota Tacoma pickup on there once and got a ton of people from Mexico wanting to purchase it. Not sure why??????

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    My wife listed our 2012 suburban on the marketplace. Got a guy claiming to be a serious buyer from out of state wanting to meet at my bank to make deal. anyone sold on FB marketplace before? Any issues?
    He's meeting you at the bank..probably legit.

Marketplace has essentially killed craigslist, you deal with a lot of tire kickers but I don't bother to list anything on craigslist anymore..marketplace only,