Thread: New Cat Owner

New Cat Owner

Good morning everyone- just wanted to introduce myself to this forum. I gave the owner my check last night and I pickup my new to me Basscat on Saturday!!

I am moving to a 2015 Basscat Cougar Advantage from my 2006 Ranger 519. I was a little unsure of moving to a Cat because of the skinnier front decks and the trolling motor position but decided to give it a shot. I have heard nothing but good things about Cats and that everyone always gets used to the front deck layout. I did not get a chance to drive it before buying (we are all ice up here right now) but did a lot of research on performance and rough water ride and heard that they are awesome rough water boats for the size (which is what I wanted). Super excited to get it set up and read for the spring! It comes with (1) Helix 12 on the bow and (1) Helix 12 on the console. I will most likely be selling the bow Helix 12 and changing to a smaller screen since I have a brand new garmin 93sv livescope kit to add to the bow as well. I am also picking up a set of 8' power pole blades for it tonight.

Pictures below!

IMG_3196.JPGIMG_3195.JPGIMG_3209.JPGIMG_3202.JPGIMG_3197.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

2. Member
    Congrats on the Cat.I also went from 519 to Cougar FTD and have never looked back.
    Just letting you know that owning a Basscat becomes an addiction.
    Currently running my 4th one since that fateful day.
    Great looking Cat

Congrats and a great looking boat. You'll get use to the more forward foot pedal on the T/M quick. These boats trim totally different from your Ranger so seat time is your friend. The Bass Cat web page will help a bunch for questions and don't forget to transfer your lifetime hull warranty and Quest.
    Enjoy

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Congratulations on the Cat and welcome to the Family!
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatseller View Post
    Congrats and a great looking boat. You'll get use to the more forward foot pedal on the T/M quick. These boats trim totally different from your Ranger so seat time is your friend. The Bass Cat web page will help a bunch for questions and don't forget to transfer your lifetime hull warranty and Quest.
    Enjoy

Thank you for the advice! I am not really a speed demon so I plan on taking some time to get used to it before I try to open it up.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

6. Member
    Nice rig. Welcome. Of the four different model Cats that I have had, the Cougar was my favourite. I am sure that you will do well with it. Doesn't take long to get used to the forward position of the troller. If you are putting on poles, you may have to play with your prop a little bit. Ronnie Gilbert is the guy if you need to send it out. Lots of help on set up available from Cat owners. And yes, you will need some time to learn to get the most out of it.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Bobby8
    Congratulations!! Heck don't wait for spring to run her. Hook her up to the truck and drive her down to South Central Texas. Gonna be close to 80 here on Sunday. Enjoy her. You will find the guys at BassCat to be outstanding individuals.

8. Member
    Welcome to the family brother! Don’t wait for ice off. BassCat Owners Invitational is next month in Alabama. No place better to learn your boat especially with all the support that will be there! I’ve got room if you’re interested.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

9. Member
    Congrats and welcome. I left a Z20 to an Eyra. No complaints. Rides better, much faster, more storage. They are addictive.

10. Member
    Congrats on a fine looking rig!! Welcome to the BCB family.
    Hopefully the ice thaws soon. Keep us updated on your experience.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

11. Member
    Congrats and good luck with your new boat.