Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar

Air Fryer Recipe Ideas

Picked up a Ninja Foodi from Sams yesterday. It will supposively steam, pressure cook, roast, crock pot and you name it, it can do it. Been trying to eat healthy for a weight loss competition at work. Figured this thing would be good for that and it got such great reviews from everyone on here awhile back. Been eating lot of blackened crappie and veggies off the cast iron skillet. Tried my veggies in it last night on air crisp setting at 400 and wasn’t overly impressed. Cooked a salmon filet and veggies tonight and still wasn’t feeling great about my purchase. What’s some good things to try and what settings? Haven’t done fries or anything like that since trying to eat better but will eventually get to them.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

I had mine for about a month and gave it away. If you're going to fry, let it be in oil.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Banned
    Go on Keto win all bets....

4. Member
    Probably my favorite dish right here.

Potatoes cubed and sprayed with either grape seed oil or olive oil and seasoned. Cook them until about half done before adding sausage, shrimp and whatever vegetables you like/have such as squash, zucchini, onions, bell pepper.

I leave the air frying to the wife and it takes a little time and experimentation to get it to work for your tastebuds.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    I had mine for about a month and gave it away. If you're going to fry, let it be in oil.
    Boy, ain't that the truth!

6. Member
    asparagus. salt, pepper, light coat of olive oil.

I’ve cooled a lot of stuff in mine and they have all been great. You must not know how to cook very well.

8. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I’ve cooled a lot of stuff in mine and they have all been great. You must not know how to cook very well.
    I think I can cook pretty decent. Mostly on the Egg. I just haven't been blown away the first two nights with this thing. After reading on here and hearing other people talk about them I was expecting to be blown away. Just thinking Im not trying the right thing on it.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

In my experience I bumped the temp up on stuff. If I fried something at 375, I needed to crank the heat up to 400-425 to get the same result. The egg rolls I made at 475 came out great. The test batch was at 375 and they were not so good. Wings are the same. Turned it up and they came out crispy.

Hot dogs are my favorite. 400 for 7 minutes, perfect even crisp on outside... Spaghetti squash, cut in 1" thick rings, spray with non stick oil, 360 for 15 minutes, rotate and another 15 minutes at 360... Brussel sprouts, soak in water for 2 hours, drain, spray with oil, 360 for 15 minutes, sprinkle parm cheese and cook for another 3 minutes.They come out roasted perfect with a slight crunch... I've had great results with frozen garlic bread, frozen corndogs, frozen chicken patties.... Take any fast food french fries and cook them for another 5 minutes..

Like somethings on the BBC—- some will tell ya they have the best

Boats
    Beds
    rods
    reels
    smokers,
    trucks

I will say the one my wife bought works for her. I don’t use it, she has it down to a Science. Bake potatoes come out really nice as does panko breaded shrimp

Have a Ninja Foodi myself. Love that thing! It's not a "real" grill but it's one heckuva substitute that you can use indoors. I actually made a steak on it the other day, no smoke, and it turned out really good.

The book that comes with it has a lot of good recipes.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    I think I can cook pretty decent. Mostly on the Egg. I just haven't been blown away the first two nights with this thing. After reading on here and hearing other people talk about them I was expecting to be blown away. Just thinking Im not trying the right thing on it.
    Maybe I’m just not a picky person but everything I’ve cooked has tasted good except one thing. Health benefits is really good too. I can sacrifice a like taste because of that but I really can’t tell much difference.

14. Member
    We have one and love it. Great for bar type food like wings, cheesesticks, fries, etc. I also meal prep with boneless, skinless chicken thighs and it does a great job. Like another post said, I usually crank the heat up higher than suggested on packaging
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

15. Member
    Give mine away 2 days ago... air fryers suck I tried ever recipe in the book and it’s just not the same... if you are gonna fry it do it in oil.. or else have a salad..that’s like the bk veggie whopper ..why in gods name someone who turned Vegan and don’t like the taste of meat would want something that taste just like meat is beyond me ...

We use the hell out of ours. Potatoes, chicken, shrimp. zucchini. asparagus etc.

OP a lot of veggies take more than one cycle... its some trial and error...but once we figured it out we use it a few times a week.

17. Member
    I love mine. Wings, home fries, fried chicken, veggies, whole chickens and the typical bar type food.

Its not going to be as good as true fried in grease food but once you get the hang of it and know the tricks you can get close. I will also add that not all air fryers are created equal. No experience with the one you have.

Reminds me I have a cornish hen I need to thaw and throw in the air fryer.

I don't have any recipes but I will say the pork chops and sweet potato fries my MIL makes in her air fryer are outstanding! You might be able to search YouTube for some good recipes.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=air+fryer

Which model do you have? I’m looking to replace the one I mistakenly sent to my son because I didn’t know just how handy it was and how much I would miss it and I’ll never get another one for $10 anywhere and the one I sent was like new but obsolete and I’ll stop this run on sentence now maybe.

20. Member
    take some macs bbq pork skins and crush them up, roll some boneless skinless chicken breast in it and air fry, gets crispy like fried chicken but no flour or carbs, it’s pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast