Why did you choose a Triton 186 Allure over a Ranger 1850 or Angler 1880

My dealer said if you put the same options in both boats, they are about $3k apart. When I did the options, I added a couple on the Triton I ended up close to $5k apart between the two. I have had 2 Ranger 1850's that have been happy with. I am going to order a new boat in June and my dealer sells both boat. At this time he has no Allures in stock.

To those that own a 186 either Allure or Fish hunter, I like to know why you bought the Triton. What are the pros and cons. And would you buy the Triton again and reason why.

One thing I like about the Triton is the rod box is like the Angler 1880. I also like some of the features of the 1850 over the 1880, esp storage in the bow. With the center bow storage, the battery charger goes up front. Where is the battery charger in the Allure, cant see any pics of location.

I rather have only 186 owners reply, I will not jump up in price to a 206, just not what I am interested in.

In closing, I got a look at a 19ft Vexus, next looking ride but starting price is $51k. The best feature I liked was the jump seats both go up and out of the way when you want to get to the storage compartment. Others will follow suit soon I am sure

2. Member
    Maybe I ask the wrong question, maybe should have been Why did you buy a Ranger 1850 or 1880 rather than a Triton?

3. Member
    I can say that I bought my 206 due to price difference (more than 5k in the 206) and I liked the storage a bit more on the Allure.

If the 186 is like my 206 then the charger will be under the opposite jump seat as the cranking battery. I've actually thought about moving it in the compartment with the cranking battery though as it would be nice to have that space for more storage.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

4. Member
    flyinghappy , thank you for reply. The battery charger does take up a lot of room. If that true about under the jump seat, thats not good, I like to put Plano storage boxes. I know in the Ranger 1850 the charger is in middle storage in the bow, which is great. In the 1880 its in the starboard side storage and it takes up way too much room. Vexus as the best idea its back in stern under the floor with the batteries, but the price of their 19 ft boat starts at $51k.

5. Member
    Yeah, the placement isn't ideal. I have been debating on moving it into the right storage with the cranking battery. Other than that the storage on my 206 is awesome.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

6. Member
    I am soon to be 77 and dont want to spend the money on 20 ft boat. I like my Ranger 2012 1850 but for peace of mind with repairs, would feel better with warranty protection. I feel that in the next few years if I have to replace my engine the cost would be $12 to $15,000 unless I go with a 115. If I am correct, with selling my boat and using that $12,000 along with $13,000 more I will have all new 2020 or 2021 boat. I am going to take a drive up to dealers soon and look over the 1850 and 1880 to narrow that choice. Then in May I will hope to find a 186 Allure owner in Northeast Ohio and take a test ride. Its good to know you enjoy the 206 Triton and that you spent good money to buy. I just realized in looking at your information that its a 2020. In closing when I build the three boats, the price is under $50k. I never order much in options and I will stay with the Lowrance chirp 5 at no cost and have dealer add my 3 Garmins and an old Bird that was a gift from my wife.

7. Member
    Yeah, I know I've got the 206 and your looking at the 186. But since you weren't getting many responses I figured I'd weigh in. I will say that I got a good deal by doing it when I did. I did the order in March last year and ended up getting ~$2500 in gift cards with the purchase which was used for my Ti2's and some other little things. I know it's a bit of a drive, but Wieda's Marine was great to work with and I would highly recommend them. I doubt they will have a 186 Allure in stock, but they do know their stuff if you are looking at the Tritons.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

8. Member
    flyinghappy, thank you again, I am fine that you have a 206 and gave me your views, they helped me. My dealer is only 45 minutes away. He has Ranger and Triton line. I will have to see if he will be getting a Triton 186 Allure in this spring or summer. I am not going to hurry this decision. I checked price again, with what I would order on both boats, the difference is $5,000. That is a good savings especially if I like the Triton after a test drive.