Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    I checked with a friend that has a 2019 Phoenix 920 with a Merc 250 in Pickens County. He pays $821 on the boat and $348 on the motor. If you live in Fort Mill then your millage rate is rather high. You may still want to look at your tax receipt and see what the assessed value is. Take that value and multiply it by 10.5 and see if that equals what your boat should be worth. If it is high then go the the tax office and see if they will adjust it.

Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    From my quick reading. Va residents pay a 4.15% state sales tax on the purchase of motor vehicles and water craft. Then pay a yearly 5% personal property tax on the deprecated value of the vehicle. And to add insult to injury, a 2.5 % sales tax on food. Damn! How'd you people let this happen???

I can't believe you guys in personal property tax states haven't had a tax payers revolt yet.

my god that’s insane. You pay income tax when earning the money and pay an annual tax on what you buy with the money.

but just cars and boats, why not other big purchases like TVs, Comouters and such. You’re being penalized because you have a boat.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Read this.....specifically mentions SC

https://www.fool.com/millionacres/ta...-property-tax/
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    my god that’s insane. You pay income tax when earning the money and pay an annual tax on what you buy with the money.

but just cars and boats, why not other big purchases like TVs, Comouters and such. You’re being penalized because you have a boat.
    Yea, talk about a punitive tax. I think Lea over on the Champion forum posted one time that she has to pay Va. personal property tax on her frickin horse.

5. Member
    That's brutal
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    Man don't tell Bernie. He will add a boat tax to his plan to pay for all of his giveaway programs he wants to put in place.

7. Member
    Sounds like Missouri, my house, truck, camper, side by side and boat are around $8,000 a year for just personal property.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scfisherdude View Post
    I checked with a friend that has a 2019 Phoenix 920 with a Merc 250 in Pickens County. He pays $821 on the boat and $348 on the motor. If you live in Fort Mill then your millage rate is rather high. You may still want to look at your tax receipt and see what the assessed value is. Take that value and multiply it by 10.5 and see if that equals what your boat should be worth. If it is high then go the the tax office and see if they will adjust it.
    Yes it varies by county in South Carolina. In Anderson county you don't pay any tax if the combo is over 13 years old.

9. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post

Don't worry about it. Soon we will be driving Lada's standing in line for Cheese. Boats, Trucks, Fishing Tournaments will all be a thing of the past. Don't laugh it could happen.

Out

Just read average property tax in SC is less than 1 percent compared to 2.5 to 4.0 percent here in Texas. So while we don’t have that “ad valorem” tax...they get us with property taxes.

WTF?! I paid $600 last year in Kentucky for a 2015 BassCat Cougar with similar load out. I think it's got to be wrong.

12. Member
    New Hampshire live free or die , no sales tax , income tax, just property tax on your house/land . I registered my boat up there to my summer house.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    New Hampshire live free or die , no sales tax , income tax, just property tax on your house/land . I registered my boat up there to my summer house.
    your not exactly living free

https://patch.com/new-hampshire/conc...ations-highest

14. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    I know some that live in nc and work in Virginia because of taxes.

15. Member
    South Carolina just wouldn't know I owned a boat

16. Member
    It was $1100 dollars for my boat and motor this past year. It sucks pretty bad.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

17. Member
    Dang I thought Greenville taxes were high. LoL
    OP if this is your first tax notice on boat. Go ask your county tax assessor about it. When I bought my first boat. Greenville county had mine wrong.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Just read average property tax in SC is less than 1 percent compared to 2.5 to 4.0 percent here in Texas. So while we don’t have that “ad valorem” tax...they get us with property taxes.
    True but we don't pay any state income tax. If you are working thats a pretty good thing. But if you are retired without a good retirement plan, property tax in Texas can be tough to pay for.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    that's deceiving , highest per thousand valued but the houses are valued lower , a similar sized house in NH would have a similar tax as Mass .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

20. Member
    I can not believe that you guys have not had a Tea Party yet. The tax I pay on my 3000+ square foot house is about the same as your boat. The registrations on my boats is so low I do not know what it is and I just paid for three of them. Trailers are lifetime tags. I think my 2016 pickup is around $400. Don't you vote?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast