Just completed my two identical rods this evening, but not without a little tweaking that should have been done prior to the build. This only applies to reel seats with hidden threads. Always make sure that you test fit the reel that you are going to use on this type of seat before installing on the rod. I had no idea that reel feet could vary as much as they do. I checked my reel seat with one manufacturer's reel only to find out that the reel I intended on using left threads protruding out in front of the nut and jamming into my foregrip! I had to remove my already installed hook keeper and back the nut off of the reel seat and cut off some of the threads on the reel seat with the reel seat installed on the rod. Lesson learned for me the hard way. I know some of you more seasoned builders more than likely already know this, but I thought I'd pass along what I learned for the first timer or novices and save them from the problem I had. Everything turned out really well and I can't wait to make the first cast and see how these rods perform.