Thread: Updating SS3D

Updating SS3D

Guys, after reading about software issues with Carbon and SS3D, and which version would provide the best quality images, I got 18.2 for the Carbon and 18.3 for the SS3D. Carbon came with 19.1, and the update (downgrade) was straight forward. No issue, however, the 18.3 is a different story. It would not start automatically. My question would be, once you have the software, how do you update the transducer software. TIA

2. Member
    Just highlight the update file on your micro SD card (.riw I believe) in the Files menu on the Carbon and press enter. That will start the process.

I tried 18.3 and got really poor images (HDS Gen 3 with 18.2 software), I went back to 18.2 for the S3D.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkertx3 View Post
    Just highlight the update file on your micro SD card (.riw I believe) in the Files menu on the Carbon and press enter. That will start the process.

I tried 18.3 and got really poor images (HDS Gen 3 with 18.2 software), I went back to 18.2 for the S3D.
    Strange. There was a previous tread regarding this issue. The gent, tried different versions of software, for both the Carbon and the SS3D and the best results, came in with 18.2 for the Carbon and 18.3 for the SS3D. I know one thing for sure. If I can't get those quality pictures, we will say good bye to each other, and back to Solix.