Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Now hold on just a minute here. I’m offended. Statesville is NOT in the middle of nowhere. We are in the out skirts of nowhere
    Wrong. Not if you are traveling from Ohio.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

2. Member
    As a repair plumber,I have worked behind the scenes in a lot of restaurants. I quit eating out about twenty years ago,they are all nasty. When I’m out of town for a tourney, I take microwave meals and my own oven and coffee pot.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    to quote Jerry Seinfeld "poppy's a little sloppy".....
    Yep as soon as I read the title I knew what this was all about.

4. Member
    So how was the fishing on the mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by g-string View Post
    So how was the fishing on the mud hole
    Three weeks ago it was dynamite! Friends caught more than 20 one day, with one nearly 10 pounds. And, two other days that week a friend of theirs caught two over 8 pounds. My thinking was to go earlier this year, hoping to find a few larger fish, rather than waiting another month and catching more, but smaller, fish. It sounded like a good idea at the time!

The fishing was OK, but not great, until the cold front hit. Then, it was worse than terrible. The rolling mud meant that the only clear water was in the black water ponds. Some decent fish bit there before the front. But, afterwards, they either left or completely shut down.

I'm heading back down at the end of March. Hopefully, the water will have settled out by then.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Stopped at a little burger joint to get lunch. Ordered a pastrami sandwich. Guy that took my order was also the cook. So I pay and he walks over to the grill and throws my meat on. Then a customer asks him for the key to the bathroom. He hands the guy a big stick with a key attached. The guy goes to the bathroom and brings the stick back. The cook takes it from him and hangs it back up. Then grabs a bag of rolls and takes mine out and sets them on the grill. I walked away.

7. Member
    My fav was hitting the local donut shop to get donuts for the crew. Guy behind the counter is wearing black jeans. When he turns around to point out donuts you could see clearly where he had been digging in his butt by all the powered sugar finger marks. I told him “Changed my mind”, and never went back there.

8. Member
    NOT hungry now !!

9. Member
    A nice start would have been to tell the manager before you left.

10. Banned
    Back in college I work for a linen company. The cleanest fast food restaurants were KFC's, Waffle House, Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel and McDonald's. The worst were Perkins, any mid to high-falutin restaurants and golf country clubs... They were a just plain nasty... Most places would offer you a bite to eat, I'd just say thanks and ask for a drink... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    A nice start would have been to tell the manager before you left.
    Given the guy’s age and uniform, he may have been the manager.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Dude YOU PASSED RIGHT BY MY HOUSE. I'm at exit 59 I would have brought something to eat. I had baked spaghetti or meatloaf
    Next time!

13. Member
    Now hold on just a minute here. I’m offended. Statesville is NOT in the middle of nowhere. We are in the out skirts of nowhere

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    I worked with a bunch of Poppies at HD. Place was a walking Petrie dish for all your favorite cocci diseases. A guy I worked with in the paint department almost died from one. He spent a month in the VA hospital with a severe intestinal disease. Medic at the hospital says he contracted it at the paint desk. I ended up with 5 hand infections without entry wounds in less than 2 years after starting work there. Hair follicle entry. Never had one in my life prior. Contractors in general are not the most sanitary crowd. Painters are notorious slobs. Give them a place to hang out every day and they share.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPro16 View Post
    My fav was hitting the local donut shop to get donuts for the crew. Guy behind the counter is wearing black jeans. When he turns around to point out donuts you could see clearly where he had been digging in his butt by all the powered sugar finger marks. I told him “Changed my mind”, and never went back there.
    That's awesome!

I was taking a leak at a nice restaurant when a big dude rushed in, huffing and puffing, and started taking a dump as he was sitting. It sounded like a volcano erupting, stunk like a dead cow. He was pulling his pants up as he burst out the stall door, headed straight to the kitchen The manager was standing pretty close to me, so I told him what I witnessed. He turned red as a beet, apologized profusely, and went to the big guy who by then was taking a tray of bread out of the oven. I got my crew and we left. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but they were very proud of their hot rolls. It wasn't Lambert's...

(606)305-1956

17. Member
    How bored are you man? You went to a Hardee's. Surely you didn't have high expectations of cleanliness. Taking the time to call Hardee's then the Health Dept seems like you could apply your time a bit better?

Quote Originally Posted by Alliston64 View Post
    How bored are you man? You went to a Hardee's. Surely you didn't have high expectations of cleanliness. Taking the time to call Hardee's then the Health Dept seems like you could apply your time a bit better?
    I'm retired and don't have to report to anyone about how I use my time. I don't care where anyone eats, they should not have to eat fecal matter that is on an employee's hands from failing to wash after taking a dump. Reporting the incident to the proper authorities was the least I could do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12