Clarification on chart select

Just want to make sure I understand how this works. You are able to download more than one map on the same sd card? But you can only load each map onto one card? Basically once you purchase a map you can only download it one time, unless you purchase it again.

Yes multiple maps on a single card, only ONE copy per purchase.

You can get a copy of the maps you purchase added to the FishSmart App free.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you. You are greatly appreciated by someone new to humminbird.

4. Member
    Just an aside, You can actually download again to the same card within a 1 year period as long as you don't format the card again. Either if your map does not work properly or if they actually make a correction or re-survey. Both things are rare but if your map was written on or mistakenly deleted you have a way to get it without buying again.(within a year of the original download). Just write protect the card and it should not be needed. I also believe there is the same one year limit on copying to FishSmart also. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    If I encrypt another card with the same unit as the 1st one and redownload I am able to use it in my other unit.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    If I encrypt another card with the same unit as the 1st one and redownload I am able to use it in my other unit.

Yes if you re-purchase the map.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Hmm. They didnt make me re-purchase and I did it for 3 maps.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

8. Member
    Not understanding. The encryption is on the chip. You can use it in any unit. You can't put it on a different chip unless you buy it again. Are you saying you got it on a different chip without paying again. If you did please tell me how. Bob

9. Member
    I encrypted 2 chips with the same unit and put the maps on both but only paid for each of the maps once. I am going to be buying a new map in the next few weeks for a lake I am going to for vacation. I'll see if it works again. Maybe I just got lucky.

10. Member
    The same unit can encrypt as many chips as you like. Each chip will have a different encryption. The chip carries the code they have on file for that particular map you paid for. Bob