Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    Watching some of these big fish being caught the last two events and seeing 3,4 and 5 lbers dangling by the hook makes me cringe. I understand why you shouldn`t drop them on the carpet,but I think this rule needs to be changed. Either allow letting them on the carpet,allow a landing net or no swinging fish whatsoever,(maybe penalized for swinging a fish over 2.5lbs?) Thoughts on this?
    What emotion do you feel when they unhook the fish and dangle it on the scales?

2. Member
    I think they should be able to boat flip them but ONLY if they can flip them directly into the livewell...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    How on earth did you come to the conclusion mlf is promoting no boat flipping?

because they give penalties for hitting the carpet/boat. Sure they technically flip them in and grab the line, but that's not what normal boat flipping is

To the OP
    Always remember the 11th commandment: Thou shalt never speak badly against mlf/bpt/

They are ALWAYS in the right
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

5. Member
    I figured setting the hook like Tharp with braid and dragging it of out of cover is a lot worse than the fish hanging there on a hook.
    Its a bass. A fish. I have seen pics and video of them eating each other. They will survive.

I have come to enjoy the new BPT since they upped it to the 2lb minimum. Really changed the game.
    However, the don't touch the carpet penalty is humorous, and annoying at the same time.
    Either lip the fish or swing it in the dang boat. pick it up. Weigh it and release it.
    Watching the pro's trying to grab and re-grab their lines as the bass is slowly getting closer to the carpet is just ridiculous.
    The pro's have done it to themselves by running their traps about how bad live wells, nets, and carpet are to the fish. Now they are stuck with the dumb rule.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the Championship round.
    I think Wheeler will take it. 2nd Z Birge.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    Watching some of these big fish being caught the last two events and seeing 3,4 and 5 lbers dangling by the hook makes me cringe. I understand why you shouldn`t drop them on the carpet,but I think this rule needs to be changed. Either allow letting them on the carpet,allow a landing net or no swinging fish whatsoever,(maybe penalized for swinging a fish over 2.5lbs?) Thoughts on this?
    OH wow, Groundhog day ! ! !

7. triton
    Quote Originally Posted by 920screaming250 View Post
    it is a dumb rule'
    +1

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    I was more worried about guys getting treble hooks in there hands or worse places over something as easy as allowing the use of a rubber net. A Small mouth with a jerkbait with 3 treble hooks is scarier then an angry wife.

Mike Lindell and Boyd Duckett are developing a My Pillow bass mattress for boat flipping. I swear the ad was just on fox new.

I love MLF/BPT, however I am NOT a fan of the 2 min landing violation, it's stupid and there really is no harm to the fish, it gets weighed and released immediately. Penalty totally unnecessary.

Spanky

11. Member
    do you have fries with your fish ?

12. Member
    How is that anymore pressure on them than the resistance that the water puts on the fish when your fighting it to the boat with a 8.1:1 reel and its pulling and your pulling and the water is giving resistance also. Id say if that doesnt hurt them than their weight hanging from hook doenst
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

13. Member
    They should be able to count every fish that gets off and has broken the surface as a five poundah. Biggun
    Praying for a Cure

Hope some of these guys don't stay at a cabin with a fish cleaning station....

so you're OK with hooking them and putting a hole in the mouth, but not hanging them from the hook? ok!

16. Member
    Actually puts some skill into the game. Slingin em in and catching them one handed time after time is pretty amazing. Of course I haven’t seen any one handed catches on 5 lbers.

17. Member
    When they are dangling for the few moments necessary for the MLFer to grab some line and lip them, at least they are dangling vertical like one should hold them anyway. Yes I get there is an acute pressure spot where the hook is. But that isn't nearly as bad as a fish flopping on the carpet losing it's protective slime coat.

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Landing net, I have never understood the fetish with no landing nets in these pro tournament circuits. Also gives them another thing to hock, there super amazing fish saving net.

19. Member
    I’m more concerned with scale accuracy. Sprague just weighed a fish that was 1lb off

Dropping a fish penalty is just part of the game , it makes things interesting .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast