How to shave carpet?

I know my Ranger 520 came from the factory with 20oz carpet. Ranger now sells 24 oz carpet so I got everything carpeted tonight and the box lids are extremely tight. I thought about shaving the hinge end of the carpet to give it a little more room. How do people do this? I glued and clamped sticks on each side and really didn’t help much. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Member

Its called carpet shaver, You can get it at carpet supply store.

3. Member
    Same here with my R91. I used a regular Wahl hair trimmer(cheaper) and started light without trimming the top edge of the lids(makes top look more finished). As I used the boat over a year I slowly trimmed to fit as to not over trim. I also added all stainless southco compression latches that snug things up. Hope this helps! -Keith A
    Restored 1998 Ranger R91 / 2015 Mercury 200 ProXS

4. Member
    I tried a whal trimmer but it did not do anything....

5. Member
    I trimmed mine with a Wahl hair trimmer and it worked fine. Wrong guide comb?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ct0218 View Post
    I trimmed mine with a Wahl hair trimmer and it worked fine. Wrong guide comb?
    Thanks for the reply. I was using a bread trimmer which was a lot smaller than the hair trimmer. Going to buy a hair trimmer today.