Thread: Boat Wrap

Boat Wrap

I’m considering going this direction and I wanted to know how many times in a year will I have to rewrap the boat and how expensive is it?

If I’m not mistaken those wraps can last several years if not longer. I have no idea on prices!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Banned
    I’ve got my truck wrapped. From all the research I did 3-5 years is what you are looking at. It’s hard to say how long it will last based off of how you take care of it, how often it is in the sun, etc. As for price. It can vary drastically. Break it up into two cost. Amount of vinyl and labor for install. Some vinyl is more expensive than others. When I got my quotes for install they were all over the place in price. Most expensive place quoted me 5k for install. I’m assuming that was his I don’t really want to do it price. Just make sure you get a good quality vinyl and do some research on local installers/reviews. Hope this helps.

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    CHeck with JINXBASS in the Virginia Fishing forum. He wraps boats.
    Last edited by Lea; 02-24-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Iv had my wrap on for about 3 or 4 years and is still looking good with only minor battle scars. How ever the boat is kept indoors.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

6. Member
    My truck is wrapped and the company that installed it said 3-5 years with no problems is normal. Don't use high pressure wash on it, etc. If it sits outside in the sun all day, it will be in the 3 year range. Covered/protected, it should easily last 5 years.

7. Member
    Mine was wrapped for 5 years, kept indoors and still looked nice however I just got tired of it.......getting it off wasn't fun!!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinJax View Post
    I’m considering going this direction and I wanted to know how many times in a year will I have to rewrap the boat and how expensive is it?
    Bassinjax,
    With quality 3m vinyl 4-6 years is no problem. You will get some battle scars on a boat but will still look great. I have had mine on my truck and boat for 6 years now. It is time to redo it but still looks good.

As far as price generally $1500-2000. The variables will be solid color or custom art, gunwales or not, etc.

A couple of questions to ask the shop doing the work is where and how many seams will be in the wrap? The sides should be seamless!! Also make sure they use edge sealer where it meets the water.

Just like any other trade... there are awesome wrap shops and there are some that are not so good. Look at some of there work!!

Feel free to pm me and I can answer any other questions you may have. Even give me a call. I love my job ... wrapping is awesome!!.

Hope this helps
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

9. Member
    Mine was 3m solid color and I think I paid $1300

I tore a hole in it the first time I had it out. When I removed it to sell the boat after a year it had 5-10 holes in it in various places.

I do live on a heavily timbered lake though.

If you fish timber, heavy cover and docks then plan on tears and rips.

11. Member
    Amazing information here
    thanks all I humbly appreciate it. Thank you very much