Help with seats- Tracker 190 TX

I'm doing a refresh of the interior of my boat (14 Tracker 190TX). Last owner left it outside with no protection so the carpet is trashed and the seats just look worn. I've tried cleaning with several different "vinyl restorers" but the worn look is just inherent to the seats, dirty, crackled look.

I'm having trouble finding replacement stock seats that don't cost an arm and a leg. I don't want to go with aftermarket seats, I want to stay stock. New seats from Tracker is around $900. Tracker doesn't sell just the skins, otherwise I'd do it myself. I've got re-upholstrey estimates from 2 people...1 was $2500!!!! Holy cow!! The other was about $1000. There has to be a less expensive option.

I would appreciate any ideas or options on who/where to look.

Thanks,

Robert

Got any pics of the seats you have. I can give you a estimate price that you should be able to shop around for....to get your seats reupholstered.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Got any pics of the seats you have. I can give you a estimate price that you should be able to shop around for....to get your seats reupholstered.
    Picture below. If you're not familiar with Bass Tracker seats, the center part of the 2 seats are inserts that stick to the backboard via velcro. Even if I could find someone who can make the skins, I'm confident I can put them back on. I consider myself fairly handy and reupholstered my truck with new covers last year. I assume the process would be similar. I'd be willing to remove the current skins to send to someone as a pattern to make new ones from even.

Cushions are good, just need new covers. I want to stay as close to stock colors as possible and would like to keep the Tracker name embroidered on them as well.

Thanks,

Robert

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Mastergun, I do all my own sewing of canvas & seating for the T-Tops, Leaning Posts, And cushions. The seats pictured have molded foam not sheet foam, the saddle insert is a completely different component with its own molded foam.
    Study the multiple panels in the covers. I don't do my own seats like this. If you can't hold a 1/4in seam allowance the covers will look cocked on the foam. A trim shop will have to disassemble the seats very carefully, rip each seam very carefully, relax each panel back to its original flat shape to make a pattern, if trimmed off of the seams the 1/4in seam allowance has to be added back to the needle marks outward. Now usually the material used on this type of seat is double bias, if yours is that way making the correct pattern is reserved for the very skilled otherwise when recovered, your seats will look cocked or twisted. I'm taking the time to explain this for future readers who think $250 for a quality re-cover is expensive. I would not do it for that. If your foam is great, recover. If not the replacement seats that only cost $250 (for the entire unit) is because the materials are much lesser quality. OEM Bass Boat seats are almost always higher quality than what is sold in the aftermarket. I respectfully submit that the Embroidery on the seat if new replacements are acquired will raise the price upfront but not add to the overall value of your boat. There are several aftermarket seats out there with your color scheme. To someone else your seat look good and they would buy to replace theirs in poorer shape. I hope this helps.

My sewing area in the house. We also have a 45ft sewing room built into the back of the house. We have nine sewing machines just in the house.
    Sewing Loft.jpg
    Last edited by rojoguio; 02-25-2020 at 06:18 AM.

You “should” be able to get those reupholstered as they were new for 300-350 per seat. The middle would be around 150. For me that would include fixing a little foam if needed. I would ask about the quality of materials used as stated above. Not sure what you’d pay for embroidery but we would be 25 per. I am not advertising or asking for your business as I don’t ship upholstery. This is just info to help you with pricing. Here is a recent set of Bass Cat seats a customer took a pic of after he got home and installed seats.

6D3A2E6A-2ECB-4E68-B9B2-69B118D64B3F.jpeg
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    Look at the work in those seats. So many panels, radius's, 25 cents /per thousand stitches is contractor pricing. Most will charge more plus digitizing the file to start with. Setup fees are charged too by trim shops "pumping their bar bill". Crank68 is spot on here! A quality job using quality materials provides lasting satisfaction. Seats are not where you "Go Cheap". Be patient and fix one thing at a time, you will find your original parts will work until the funds provide a path to the "Good Life" meaning satisfaction with your ride. I like beaters because of where we fish. My ChampioN will be a open waters boat not a tree knocker.

7. Member
    Look at the tag on those seats, shits made in mexico, the ones in my garage are. Buy the cheap seats from bass boat seats . If you get a quoate of 300-350 per seat you're going to get 5-7 dollar a yard material and if you're lucky you will get bonded poly thread, but chances of that are slim as well. Shops are going to make money and they will sell you cheap junk vinyl.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

8. Member
    https://wiseseats.com/collections/pr...=6929310711873

I'm sure some vinyl shop can come close to the logo.
    In search of a double digit MONSTER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    Look at the tag on those seats, shits made in mexico, the ones in my garage are. Buy the cheap seats from bass boat seats . If you get a quoate of 300-350 per seat you're going to get 5-7 dollar a yard material and if you're lucky you will get bonded poly thread, but chances of that are slim as well. Shops are going to make money and they will sell you cheap junk vinyl.
    If I read this correctly .... the statement of local shops redoing your seats with cheap materials for 300-350 per seat is really terrible. That’s painting all local shops with a wide brush of doin cheap work. Some may however for many shops and mine .... I DON’T, have not, and never will do crap work and use cheap materials, period. I’m sure mastergun can find a local to him reputable shop that can satisfy him for a good price.
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by 9nine9 View Post
    https://wiseseats.com/collections/pr...=6929310711873

I'm sure some vinyl shop can come close to the logo.
    Are you suggesting buying there seat and having a local shop embroider?
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    I'm saying the seats are nearly identical. Only missing the logo. They are a lot cheaper than his quoted price.
    In search of a double digit MONSTER!!!

12. Member
    A reputable Marine shop will use the correct materials, like sunbrella and using the correct thread is essential too. Using the wrong thread will cause the stitching to break. Not all shops do shotty work. It takes time and labor for a shop. I have seen some boats that the owner's purchased new seats and they did not last as long as a marine upholstery shop had done.