Question Bullet Boat Ruler and Tool Holder Install Question?

Has anyone installed one of these after the fact? Got the holder just need to install and want to know how it was done or any tips and tricks? I know where it needs to go, but the question is the carpet? Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Pics and/or comments appreciated.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

2. Member
    It should not be installed , at Bullet the day box is split up with a separate area for the tool holder that has a drain as water will get right in there, if you install it the day box will get water in it.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

3. Member
    I talked to Tom about this when I was at the factory. They build the XRS & SDC two different ways. If you want the tool & ruler holder they put the wall between the day box & console further forward and the water will drain under the console. You would need to verify how yours was built before installing to avoid water draining in the day box.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

Why not slide it into the drain slot in front of the seats? That's where mine has been for the last 17 years. Talking about golden rule only.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    I talked to Tom about this when I was at the factory. They build the XRS & SDC two different ways. If you want the tool & ruler holder they put the wall between the day box & console further forward and the water will drain under the console. You would need to verify how yours was built before installing to avoid water draining in the day box.
    That is how my XRS was built. I would not have installed it if it came up in the day box.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Why not slide it into the drain slot in front of the seats? That's where mine has been for the last 17 years. Talking about golden rule only.
    That's where mine stays now too. My last one was a 20xrd and the drain slots were too small for the golden rule to fit.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I don't believe the golden rule will fit the XRS drains
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN