Thread: 2021 Nitro's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2021 Nitro's

Anything you guys would like to see on the next model year? Improvements, or options.

I would like to see Power poles as an option for the pro package, even a Lowrance option pro package.
    24oz carpet option on the Z20.
    A change in color options, Maybe a Multi colored console. Or ability to make a solid color boat. Like what Skeeter is doing.
    New fender design on the trailers.
    Last edited by BMCD; 02-27-2020 at 08:44 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

24oz carpet,,, yes
    All SS latch option on Z20, Z19
    Main switch for compartment lights instead of push button type
    Storage drawer instead of swing out glove box on Z20
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Banned
    PP are an option on the pro, mine will have them I think it was 700 bucks to have them swapped with the talons from the factory. Lowrance option would be nice, personally I prefer the solix so I am glad thats what they have but I can see some wanting the hds live units. What I dont understand is the price of the elite package makes no sense compared to the pro. Its 3k at most in upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    PP are an option on the pro, mine will have them I think it was 700 bucks to have them swapped with the talons from the factory. Lowrance option would be nice, personally I prefer the solix so I am glad thats what they have but I can see some wanting the hds live units. What I dont understand is the price of the elite package makes no sense compared to the pro. Its 3k at most in upgrades.
    Think electronics size is the main upgrade on the elite now, course they have built in functionality on the lowrance for the pumps too.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I wish the Z-21’s could go back to the storage drawer on the side of the driver’s console like the Z-9’s had. Not a deal breaker, but I’m so accustomed to stowing my ccdw, wallet, sunglasses and car keys in that one, and using the port side one for bug spray, sun screen, and other bottles. That little bitty drawer gets used each and every single time I go fishing.

6. Dogfish_Jones
    First off I will not be getting a 21 model, since I bought a 20 model.
    My experience with me buying my 2020 Z20 in things I wished were stock items.

1- Why put on a 70 lp Maxxum TM?? I swapped mine out for a 36v 112 Fortrex.
    2- A little 5" Lowrance?? I took that oiut and install my own graphs.
    3- I wish the carpet was the 24oz like the Z21.
    5- Vent fans as a standard option.
    6- The drain plug already being a Flow-rite plug. They put the flow-rite in the live wells, might as well have done the main drain plug too. ( I installed it myself)
    7- Standard adjustable seats.
    8- Standard glove box on the passenger side. (Although you do have a very nice compartment between the seats that the tray pulls out and you have complete access to your fuel tank)

A super big improvement is they have sealed the bottom of the console and to get in to the back of the console and all the wiring you just take the windshield off. It is so much easier working in behind there hooking up stuff than on your back in the dark.

Of course adding these things will add to the cost of the boat, so I am assuming they do this to keep the price down.

No more chine walk

8. Member
    I don't understand why they can't standardize the quality of carpet. Are they really making more money by not doing it?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarc View Post
    No more chine walk
    Kinda of a thing faster boats have to deal with....But I have not owned a Nitro that would not drive straight down the lake after setting it up correctly. Had a Z9 that was almost un driveable at speed, changed the prop and it ran down the lake without any chine.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    I wish they would make all of their boats using same quality of material and hardware as is used on the Z21. At least make the Z20 equal without having to add a bunch of options.

I just bought a 2020 Z 21 pro package I put a 360 mega imaging on it I added a 12 inch solix to the bow and upgraded the 10 inch to a 12 inch on bow so that I have two 12s on the bow and I bought the bass boat technology dual mount for them also at the console I upgraded the 12 inch solix to a 15 inch solix with the bass boat technology mount I also put a hydraulic jack plate on back with the tilt brackets for he talons it comes with and I spent more buying the decale to the motor that match the color of the custom color of the boat also dual console also I upgraded the batteries to series 31 I cant think of anything to add to the boat next year I have the true one boat network everything talks to everything the only thing can think of I would like to see better Is the fiberglass fenders make them a little fancier the boat to me is as beautiful as any on the market

I would like to see something better on the trailer bunks. Better carpet.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

13. Member
    Maybe a Gatorback option on the bunks?

I will probaby do that on my next boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Having just replaced all of my bunks...I'll second the gatorback option.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

16. Member
    Love to see the Garmin Force as an option and I wish Nitro offer a SeaDeck option instead of carpet. That make me buy a new one!

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahabs_leg View Post
    Love to see the Garmin Force as an option and I wish Nitro offer a SeaDeck option instead of carpet. That make me buy a new one!
    They have a sea deck style snap in rug for the cockit area now as an option, I have seen one and it looks pretty nice.

I have seen the snap in carpet option its not bad.

I noticed they have added the Lowrance Ghost as an option.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    Maybe a Gatorback option on the bunks?
    I would like this as well.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

20. Member
    Same as above -

Z20/Z21
    -Lowrance-Ghost/HDS Lives/PowerPole PRO Package option
    -Gatorbacks

Z20 -
    -make the Z20 same level of quality as Z21 just a foot shorter, Same Carpet as on Z21, features, etc.
    -Center Locker size/layout from 2018 an earlier Z20s
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast