Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Update..Just got my return email from HB service and they replaced the circuit board on the 12 (bow) and said no issue with the 10. So my 10 got a free ride to Eufala. Butttt, My recordings came from the 10 and the msi+ ducer on the stern while the 12 was in standby mode on the bow. I replied to the techs who helped me get these units in and asked them if it was possible that the 12, while still networked, could have effected the sonar recording views of the 10?? I'm attaching some sonar recording screenshots from the 10 to refresh my concerns.

snp0608202611.jpgsnp0608204310.jpgsnp0718202214.jpg

snp0718201925.jpgsnp0718202800.jpgsnp0718202843.jpg

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G48 View Post
    Update..Just got my return email from HB service and they replaced the circuit board on the 12 (bow) and said no issue with the 10. So my 10 got a free ride to Eufala. Butttt, My recordings came from the 10 and the msi+ ducer on the stern while the 12 was in standby mode on the bow. I replied to the techs who helped me get these units in and asked them if it was possible that the 12, while still networked, could have effected the sonar recording views of the 10?? I'm attaching some sonar recording screenshots from the 10 to refresh my concerns.

snp0608202611.jpgsnp0608204310.jpgsnp0718202214.jpg

snp0718201925.jpgsnp0718202800.jpgsnp0718202843.jpg
    Yep, those are exactly what my recordings look like... with the "blocky spikey" protrusions from what should be the surface. I hate to say it but you stand a chance of getting your units back with absolutely nothing being resolved.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Yep, those are exactly what my recordings look like... with the "blocky spikey" protrusions from what should be the surface. I hate to say it but you stand a chance of getting your units back with absolutely nothing being resolved.
    I'm hoping your wrong but since there were no repairs done to the 10 (where the recordings came from)
    I'm not expecting any improvement there but I am expecting the shared views to clear up..The techs are waiting on my test drive for the next round of troubleshooting. Will get back otw this weekend.

4. Member
    Got my units back tonight but am a little confused after reading the packing slip. It says they "upgraded" my 12 from a mdi cho unit to a msi g2 unit since the shared si from the stern to it was having the spiking issue.. now I have a splitter for the m360 and ultrex built in mdi going to be plugged into the 12 on the bow. Does changing the circuit board from mdi cho to msi g2 change my ability to get the built in mdi and 2d views? I don't know..but they're phone calls bound to be made after my trip to the lake this weekend. Did nothing to the 10 which had the crappy sonar recordings so I know that will be revisited.

Got my units back tonight but am a little confused after reading the packing slip. It says they "upgraded" my 12 from a mdi cho unit to a msi g2 unit since the shared si from the stern to it was having the spiking issue.. now I have a splitter for the m360 and ultrex built in mdi going to be plugged into the 12 on the bow. Does changing the circuit board from mdi cho to msi g2 change my ability to get the built in mdi and 2d views? I don't know..but they're phone calls bound to be made after my trip to the lake this weekend. Did nothing to the 10 which had the crappy sonar recordings so I know that will be revisited.
    Nothing is changed except the capability to run a Minnkota MSI transducer. You gained SI but did not loose 2D/DI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Nothing is changed except the capability to run a Minnkota MSI transducer. You gained SI but did not loose 2D/DI.
    Thanks Wayne..Just curious will this "change" enhance my m360 si view?

Thanks Wayne..Just curious will this "change" enhance my m360 si view?
    No, M360 uses the SI circuits so the SI piezos in a SI transducer will not be connected.

You gained the versatility of swapping your displays.
    The M360 replaces SI on a SI unit, and adds SI to a DI unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    After creating a very meticulous email complete with 21 photos after my rediscovery outing, I sent it off to my rep. I got a response withing 30 mins thanking me for the in depth analysis and collage I sent him. He said he was reviewing the new batch of pics now with the tech who repaired them the 1st time with zero improvement. This morning I get another email with an rma label to send both units back to Eufala to "be on the safe side" whatever that means. So, they are both headed back in the hopes that this time the specific concerns with be addressed... shared sonar from 10 to 12 and shared sonar from 12 to 10 and screwed playback images from sonar recording.

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    After creating a very meticulous email complete with 21 photos after my rediscovery outing, I sent it off to my rep. I got a response withing 30 mins thanking me for the in depth analysis and collage I sent him. He said he was reviewing the new batch of pics now with the tech who repaired them the 1st time with zero improvement. This morning I get another email with an rma label to send both units back to Eufala to "be on the safe side" whatever that means. So, they are both headed back in the hopes that this time the specific concerns with be addressed... shared sonar from 10 to 12 and shared sonar from 12 to 10 and screwed playback images from sonar recording.
    Sorry to hear that the units are having to go back to HB. I had a feeling that was going to be the case. I really do think they have a SW bug and hopefully they can figure it out this time.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

10. Member
    Sorry to hear that the units are having to go back to HB. I had a feeling that was going to be the case. I really do think they have a SW bug and hopefully they can figure it out this time.
    Me too!!, I asked him if it was possible they could test the units after they repair them..crickets.

11. Member
    Update.. Both units just left for a 3rd time to Eufala. The last repair was a circuit board "repair on the console unit the s10. The s12 on the bow got a s/w upgrade which I overlooked because I would have thought they would have sent me the s12 back with the upgraded msi g2 circuit board from the cho board that it would have been up to date. Anyway the rep swears to me the units were test driven before they were sent back this last time and after my otw testing I was able to easily prove that nothing had changed and in fact the "repair" to my s10 had caused my native si to scrunch up the the bottom on both sides of the view and was only curable in mega frequency.. So, add another issue to the shared sonar between the units and sonar recording from the s10 still unresolved. The tech asked my rep to be in attendance at the next session when my units arrive. The saga continues...

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Sorry to hear but not surprised. Hopefully they will truly dig into the sonar recording quality issue and find out what the real problem is.

13. Member
    Just got a call from my rep...he said when they 1st plugged the units up it was replicating the problem. They restored defaults and it corrected the problem. He seems to think the problem lies in global defaults somewhere because all my globals and auto configs were off and they all repopulated after restore defaults then that's when they retested and all was well. He wanted to try and replicate the problem again and I sent him my backup menu settings i made before I sent the units to him. He said he wouldn't be able to go over to the service center until 4pm today but would have the tech import the menu settings and retroubleshoot? from there. He thinks this will end up on the next s/w update. Either way I'm getting a new s10 when these come back. I said that's great but moot if the problem isn't fixed. He concurred and said that they were close to resolving the issue and would get back to me either late tonight or in the a.m.

14. Member
    Got my units back today with the new s10. Rep told me he himself tested out the units with my settings I sent him and said the sonar sharing was fine and he also said he did some sonar recordings and the playback looked just like the native views...So, with that being said, The s10 was the issue all along causing the issue with inbound and outbound shared views and the jacked up playback view from the sonar recording. So my next trip on the water should validate his claim or bring to light issues with my setup.

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Sonar recordings are one of my favorite features of the Humminbird units although the playback can be glitchy at times.

16. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Got my units back today with the new s10. Rep told me he himself tested out the units with my settings I sent him and said the sonar sharing was fine and he also said he did some sonar recordings and the playback looked just like the native views...So, with that being said, The s10 was the issue all along causing the issue with inbound and outbound shared views and the jacked up playback view from the sonar recording. So my next trip on the water should validate his claim or bring to light issues with my setup.
    So, I started this thread and have the issue with a single Solix 15 G2... It isn't networked with any other Solix units. In reading through your posts and HB responses, I'm not sure where that leaves me. My recordings are corrupted on the single unit. I guess I could try restoring defaults but I really hate to do that because I have a lot of specific settings that I would have to set back up. Based on the feedback you received from HB, would you say that doing the factory restore is my best option at this point?

So, I started this thread and have the issue with a single Solix 15 G2... It isn't networked with any other Solix units. In reading through your posts and HB responses, I'm not sure where that leaves me. My recordings are corrupted on the single unit. I guess I could try restoring defaults but I really hate to do that because I have a lot of specific settings that I would have to set back up. Based on the feedback you received from HB, would you say that doing the factory restore is my best option at this point?
    You can save your settings and most will come back when you import that file.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    I haven't tested my units yet but will this weekend. I just got them reinstalled today with all new settings and restored all defaults prior to. Factory restore would be the 1st thing they will ask you to do and they will have you backup your nav data 1st then restore nav data then restore defaults. I strongly suggest reaching out to them if you haven't already. A repaired circuit board did not solve my problem even though it bench tested normal before they sent it back the 2nd time. So, apparently the solution to fix this was a new unit.

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I haven't tested my units yet but will this weekend. I just got them reinstalled today with all new settings and restored all defaults prior to. Factory restore would be the 1st thing they will ask you to do and they will have you backup your nav data 1st then restore nav data then restore defaults. I strongly suggest reaching out to them if you haven't already. A repaired circuit board did not solve my problem even though it bench tested normal before they sent it back the 2nd time. So, apparently the solution to fix this was a new unit.
    Good Luck this weekend. Looking forward to your report afterwards. I look forward to not having recordings that look like this attachment!
    Attached Images Attached Images

20. Member
    Good Luck this weekend. Looking forward to your report afterwards. I look forward to not having recordings that look like this attachment!
    Crossing my fingers, I'm tired of looking at that crap too.Yours seems to be alittle more lego block looking than mine but I bet the same solution would fix it.

snp0908200456.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast