Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    There is an old app called HumViewer which was used to view recordings but it doesn't support the current Humminbird technology and the developer is no longer updating or supporting the product.
    HumViewer never did read ONIX and SOLIX recordings.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    I was going to start a new thread about this but this had the same title I was gonna use soooo. I hope SLYDoggie has resolved his issue because apparently mine is not.

Otw this past Friday and after getting all the rfi bugs worked out (I thought ) I decided to do a sonar recording. This was with my solix 10 at the console msi+ ducer. My solix 12 and m360 at the bow in standby. The spiking on all views is readily apparent on the recording but near perfect on real time snap shots. I know some of settings need to be tweaked but the spikes are pretty obnoxious. My noise level was at 1 and and adjusting it didn't make sense as my real time shots were fine. I've attached some real time snapshots and then snapshots of the recording while playing back on the unit. Reaching out to my hb rep alittle later but I was hoping for some feedback from the hb community. Thanks Guys!!

snp0605202521.jpgsnp0605204346.jpgsnp0605204411.jpg

snp0608202506.jpgsnp0608202611.jpgsnp0608204310.jpgsnp0608202321.jpg

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G48 View Post
    I was going to start a new thread about this but this had the same title I was gonna use soooo. I hope SLYDoggie has resolved his issue because apparently mine is not.

Otw this past Friday and after getting all the rfi bugs worked out (I thought ) I decided to do a sonar recording. This was with my solix 10 at the console msi+ ducer. My solix 12 and m360 at the bow in standby. The spiking on all views is readily apparent on the recording but near perfect on real time snap shots. I know some of settings need to be tweaked but the spikes are pretty obnoxious. My noise level was at 1 and and adjusting it didn't make sense as my real time shots were fine. I've attached some real time snapshots and then snapshots of the recording while playing back on the unit. Reaching out to my hb rep alittle later but I was hoping for some feedback from the hb community. Thanks Guys!!

snp0605202521.jpgsnp0605204346.jpgsnp0605204411.jpg

snp0608202506.jpgsnp0608202611.jpgsnp0608204310.jpgsnp0608202321.jpg
    Thanks for keeping this thread alive. Your results look identical to what I have experienced.

Unfortunately, I have not found a fix for this issue. I have tweaked every setting I know to tweak and none of them make a difference in the jagged playback of the recording. I don't know if the issue is with the recording itself or the playback process. I do know that I can play back recordings made with my previous Solix G1 and Onix fish finders and they play back perfectly.

I really do think this is a bug in the current SW version. I'm hoping that it will be resolved in the next release.

I recently purchased a new pair of Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers which were advertised to work with the Humminbird One Boat Network but they don't yet. When I called Cannon Support about this, they told me that there were Humminbird fishfinder updates coming in July. They have also now updated their web site to have a footnote about the One Boat Network support coming with a software update.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the software update is either on time or early! Also keeping my fingers crossed that it will fix the problem. I really like using the recordings to go back and play with the various settings to fine tune the precision of getting the best picture possible for various water conditions.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Thanks for keeping this thread alive. Your results look identical to what I have experienced.

Unfortunately, I have not found a fix for this issue. I have tweaked every setting I know to tweak and none of them make a difference in the jagged playback of the recording. I don't know if the issue is with the recording itself or the playback process. I do know that I can play back recordings made with my previous Solix G1 and Onix fish finders and they play back perfectly.

I really do think this is a bug in the current SW version. I'm hoping that it will be resolved in the next release.

I recently purchased a new pair of Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers which were advertised to work with the Humminbird One Boat Network but they don't yet. When I called Cannon Support about this, they told me that there were Humminbird fishfinder updates coming in July. They have also now updated their web site to have a footnote about the One Boat Network support coming with a software update.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the software update is either on time or early! Also keeping my fingers crossed that it will fix the problem. I really like using the recordings to go back and play with the various settings to fine tune the precision of getting the best picture possible for various water conditions.
    Yeah..hope that update fixes alot of things. Tuning after the fact does nothing on mine..It may be in the signal conversion..nothing u can do about that.

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The new V3.750 Solix software update was just posted on the Humminbird web site. I'm looking forward to applying the update to see if it fixes the recording issue... Although there is no mention of it in the update notes. Won't be at the lake house until Sunday but will definitely get it updated and checked out. Will post the results here.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    Me too.. just got a response from my hb cs rep after a month wait concerning recent sonar recording snapshots ..She tell me her tech said it was some sort of "interference" and to turn the other unit off when recording ..The other unit is at the bow in standby while I'm idling with big motor making the recording. I'll be otw Friday...will try it again

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Me too.. just got a response from my hb cs rep after a month wait concerning recent sonar recording snapshots ..She tell me her tech said it was some sort of "interference" and to turn the other unit off when recording ..The other unit is at the bow in standby while I'm idling with big motor making the recording. I'll be otw Friday...will try it again
    I think that's a cop out. I only have one unit and no trolling motor. The only thing I have running when I have the recording issue is the Solix 15 itself. If there was interference, the "original image" would be corrupted as well... not just the recording playback.

Just my 2 cents.

8. Member
    I think that's a cop out. I only have one unit and no trolling motor. The only thing I have running when I have the recording issue is the Solix 15 itself. If there was interference, the "original image" would be corrupted as well... not just the recording playback.

Just my 2 cents.
    Got 11 minute recording today..will view tomorrow and get some snapshots.

9. Member
    The results...

snp0718201925.jpgsnp0718202214.jpgsnp0718202800.jpgsnp0718202819.jpgsnp0718202843.jpg

The update did little to improve the sonar recording...I will submit these to the cs rep who is awaiting these new pics.

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I did some experimenting with the new Solix SW update and I can't see any improvement in my recording quality. Definitely an issue of some sort with either the recording or playback process. The realtime screen looks fine but when recorded and played back, it is very jagged. It is really pronounced when you record something with a flat hard surface, like an underwater bridge.

I had hoped that this update would help but it doesn't appear that is the case.

11. Member
    I did some experimenting with the new Solix SW update and I can't see any improvement in my recording quality. Definitely an issue of some sort with either the recording or playback process. The realtime screen looks fine but when recorded and played back, it is very jagged. It is really pronounced when you record something with a flat hard surface, like an underwater bridge.

I had hoped that this update would help but it doesn't appear that is the case.
    My rep just told me to send her pics of the original views and and new shots of another recording so she she could submit comparisons to the techs..She told me to try the new update before recording..which I explained in detail about updating prior to doing this recording in the email I just sent her?? Not comprehending to well but will comply and get her some new comparisons this Friday. She wants to convince the techs without a doubt this is not an interference problem..Should be pretty easy to convince after these next shots.

12. Member
    After they received my email, got a call from a tech and spent over 3 hours on the call troubleshooting. There were more than 1 tech in on the call..they were serious about fixing this issue...Long story short they exhausted everything that could be done in the garage and at 1 point wanted me to send in both units to have them reimaged. Then they wanted 1 more test. They asked me to connect the units direct via above deck e cable and get on the water. I am to share sonar between both units ie..share si from console to bow and m360 view from bow to console and see if those images become normal. In effect bypassing the network hub in the process to narrow down the possibilties for a solution. They said a sonar recording was not necessary because if the shared views clear up they believe whatever fix that will be needed will also solve the recording view problem as well since the recording view has the same spiking problem.. I'm not so sure about that thought process since the recording is processed with a lone unit...but we'll see otw sometime this weekend.

13. Member
    After they received my email, got a call from a tech and spent over 3 hours on the call troubleshooting. There were more than 1 tech in on the call..they were serious about fixing this issue...Long story short they exhausted everything that could be done in the garage and at 1 point wanted me to send in both units to have them reimaged. Then they wanted 1 more test. They asked me to connect the units direct via above deck e cable and get on the water. I am to share sonar between both units ie..share si from console to bow and m360 view from bow to console and see if those images become normal. In effect bypassing the network hub in the process to narrow down the possibilties for a solution. They said a sonar recording was not necessary because if the shared views clear up they believe whatever fix that will be needed will also solve the recording view problem as well since the recording view has the same spiking problem.. I'm not so sure about that thought process since the recording is processed with a lone unit...but we'll see otw sometime this weekend.
    My spikes came back after this last update, this is without recording. I restored defaults and same thing. Guess I will have to get back in the C/S line again

14. Member
    snp0726200507.jpg
    shared from 12 on bow to 10 on console

Triview0727.jpg

snapshot from recording

snp0724202034.jpg

Normal original view screenshot from same unit.

15. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    snp0726200507.jpg
    shared from 12 on bow to 10 on console

Triview0727.jpg

snapshot from recording

snp0724202034.jpg

Normal original view screenshot from same unit.
    Yeah, my recordings had no improvement with the new software update. My "real time" is fine but, if I do a recording, the playback has the same "spikes" as yours. I only have one transducer and only have a single head unit so it isn't interference as Hummingbird has indicated to some. If it was interference the "real time" image would also have the spikes.

16. Member
    these are real time spikes that went away till I updated. This is a gen 1 that networks to a gen 2, the gen2 doesn't have this issue

snp0727204221.jpg
    snp0727202957.jpg
    snp0727204331.jpg

17. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    these are real time spikes that went away till I updated. This is a gen 1 that networks to a gen 2, the gen2 doesn't have this issue

snp0727204221.jpg
    snp0727202957.jpg
    snp0727204331.jpg
    Oh wow, I haven't seen any issues with spikes on the realtime data on my G2 either so it may be specific to the G1... I only have a single G2 head unit.

18. Member
    After following thru with hb request to connect the units direct via e cable (bypassing network) and provide them pics of shared sonar images with the same spiking/stippling problem, I have my rma to send both units in (S12& 10)..they will be leaving tomorrow...

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Interesting. Let me know if the issue gets resolved.

20. Member
    Interesting. Let me know if the issue gets resolved.
    I had him add an overheat issue to the ticket. They got scorching hot this time last year...took 7-8 hours before they got to normal temp. I called it in then and they said to monitor. I know something got cooked..couldn't touch the screens on either unit..I would be elated if they sent me 2 new units buttt..if not, something will get repaired.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast