04 200 DI Swivel bracket lubrication

I have an 04 200hp DI and hydraulic steering. It is just a bear to turn when up on plane. Like 2 hands and all I can do to turn the wheel. I cant find the zerk fitting to grease the swivel bracket to save my life. I have the original manual but it isnt there just the steering rod fittings.
    Any help is much appreciated

2. Member
    and it moves freely when not on plane? Doesn't sound like an issue with the joint lubrication it sounds like something is happening under load to make it a bear to turn.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhit162 View Post
    and it moves freely when not on plane? Doesn't sound like an issue with the joint lubrication it sounds like something is happening under load to make it a bear to turn.
    Not a problem at all to steer at idle or on the trailer. I was just trying to eliminate the simple things first.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Have you checked the fluid level in the helm? You may need to play a bit more with your PTP or trim.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Have you checked the fluid level in the helm? You may need to play a bit more with your PTP or trim.
    Im waiting on the correct fluid but the fill location is on top of the drivers console and there is 12" of hose down to the steering box. Should I just fill to there? Will I need to bleed after filling if its low?
    I cant see any signs of leakage anywhere but previous owner may have cleaned well before the sale also.
    I moved jack plate up last week from 4.5" to 3.5" P2P and it didnt make it any better or worse. Got 3.5mph and greatly improved holeshot though
    Thanks for your help