Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tempur Pedic Mattress

So after 14 years and the same mattress, I went out and bought a Tempur Pedic mattress with the adjustable base. It is a Medium on the "Firmness" scale. Slept on it lastnight for the first time and was not at all impressed. They say to give it 2-3 weeks to get used to it. Have up to 120 days to exchange.

Anyone have a similar experienced and after a few weeks end up loving it?
    2012 Phoenix 721/250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Gave up on the foam mattresses several years ago and bought a mid priced (maybe 1000.00) standard mattress with a built in pillow top. The memory foam was HOT in the summer. I don't believe in buying a mattress base on what someone else likes. Go lay on a few for at least 15 mins each. Even then it seems to be a crap shoot.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Similar experience and ended up regretting it! We got the one that felt “good” not realizing it’s going to get much softer over the next few months! Ended up taking the TempurPedic back and getting a different brand but still made the same stupid mistake!

We are trying to fix the problem with a hard mattress topper but paying 3k+ for a mattress then having to put a topper in it cause we didn’t buy one hard enough is a tough pill to swallow.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    I just purchased a Tempur Pedic pro adapt hybrid medium with adjustable base. Suppose to get it delivered Thursday. I hear they are very firm at first. Take quite a bit of “breaking in” I went with intent to purchase a more conventional style mattress but got talked into this one. Those dang mattress salesman are good!! I’m praying for the best. We did pay extra to be able to trade it out after 30 days if we don’t like it. We really liked the Stearns and Foster and the custom made Kingsdown that u can get each side to your liking.
    Last edited by Billydonwon; 02-24-2020 at 09:38 AM.

5. Member
    TempurPedic owner for 6 years here. I agree with Ratfishing. But will agree that Tempurpedic is hot for sure. So if you are sensitive to that aspect, definitely consider something else.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Similar experience and ended up regretting it! We got the one that felt “good” not realizing it’s going to get much softer over the next few months! Ended up taking the TempurPedic back and getting a different brand but still made the same stupid mistake!

We are trying to fix the problem with a hard mattress topper but paying 3k+ for a mattress then having to put a topper in it cause we didn’t buy one hard enough is a tough pill to swallow.
    The getting softer is exactly what I'm hoping happens. So that is good news for me!

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The hot reason is also why we went with another brand. I’m a very hot sleeper, that mattress was like laying on a heating blanket BUT that was when they were a huge block of foam. They may be better about that now.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

8. Member
    What is is that you don't like about it? Is it too firm? Too soft? My wife and I have owned our Tempur Pedic for 15 years and love it. I don't remember there being an adjustment period, but our old mattress was in really bad shape and wasn't a great mattress to begin with. My sleep improved immediately. I will agree that it does get hot sometimes.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    What is is that you don't like about it? Is it too firm? Too soft? My wife and I have owned our Tempur Pedic for 15 years and love it. I don't remember there being an adjustment period, but our old mattress was in really bad shape and wasn't a great mattress to begin with. My sleep improved immediately. I will agree that it does get hot sometimes.
    I failed to mention that I thought it was too firm. Hoping it softens up.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dannov5 View Post
    I failed to mention that I thought it was too firm. Hoping it softens up.
    Is yours the pro adapt hybrid model??

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    Is yours the pro adapt hybrid model??
    Not the Hybrid. It's the cheaper model down.

12. Member
    Is that the Bed that comes in a BOX??

13. Banned
    I used to have a Cloud Luxe. It took about 5 days to get the feel for a foam mattress but after that I was hooked.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Table Rock 1 View Post
    Is that the Bed that comes in a BOX??
    Tempur Pedic is not a bed in a box. They are usually thought of as a high end mattress.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    I just purchased a Tempur Pedic pro adapt hybrid medium with adjustable base. Suppose to get it delivered Thursday. I hear they are very firm at first. Take quite a bit of “breaking in” I went with intent to purchase a more conventional style mattress but got talked into this one. Those dang mattress salesman are good!! I’m praying for the best. We did pay extra to be able to trade it out after 30 days if we don’t like it. We really liked the Stearns and Foster and the custom made Kingsdown that u can get each side to your liking.
    I purchased this exact mattress back in December with an adjustable base. Mine gave me instant back problems the first night I slept on it. I tried several more times to sleep on it but the same issue. I will be taking mine back and getting something else. Hindsight is stay away from manmade memory foam. Get natural rubber latex if you want memory foam. I'm probably changing back to a sterns and foster variant.

Below video may be use to some still researching. I saw it too late to be of assistance to me but lesson learned.

16. Member
    Not what I wanted to hear but I’ve been sleeping on a memory foam mattress for 10 years. Surely it’s better than what I’ve had.

17. Member
    Any mattress is a crap shoot in my opinion.

18. Member
    I just bought a medium hybrid from Mattress Firm. Took them 17 days to deliver it and have slept on it four nights. So far I'm in the same boat as the OP. I hope it softens up. I sleep on my side and I'm waking up every morning with sore shoulders and hips. Not too impressed right now. They told me they want me to sleep on it a month before doing anything.

19. Member
    We have a Tempurpedic contour model. It was really good for the first year, but year two and three have not been good. It has a ten year warranty, but the hoops that they have you jumping through to get a replacement is not working for us. We will never spend this amount of money on a gimmick again.

Ours after three years does not have any support, causing me too much pain to sleep on it. I am just going to buy a $1000 old fashioned mattress and move this one to another bedroom.

I had one for 8 years it was to soft and even softer where my lower back rest. Tempurpedic replaced it with a new adapt firm last summer. It has been great, much cooler and the firm has been great for my lower back. Good luck.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast