Boat-Friendly Lodging around Traverse City

Hey Fellas

Anyone have a recommendation for a hotel/motel in Traverse City? I'll have my boat. Not looking for anything too fancy. Thanks for any tips.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

in town is pretty expensive. i know the owners of the Fairfield and they can help you out. outdoor power is the only issue.

best thing to do is check vrbo for surrounding area rentals. you might find one for the same price as a hotel room.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    in town is pretty expensive. i know the owners of the Fairfield and they can help you out. outdoor power is the only issue.

best thing to do is check vrbo for surrounding area rentals. you might find one for the same price as a hotel room.
    Thanks. I always get VRBO to rent a house for our family vacation but I am tacking a couple days on at the beginning of our trip that I will stay in a hotel with my dad.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

4. Member
    A lot of hotels will not have outdoor outlets. You can always run a cord out the door or window and tape it down to the concrete here and there. The little hotel here in Elk Rapids will suit you very well if you just want a bed and crapper for a few days. What dates are you looking at also? I also have " connections" with a small resort on Elk Lake that would be perfect also depending on dates.

https://www.lakeshoreinns.com/
    Last edited by Fishin Polock; 02-25-2020 at 07:33 AM.

5. Member
    Country Inn and Suites by Radisson has a gravel lot in the back that has outlets on poles. We have stayed there many times, but it has been a few years so you may want to double check the outlets are still operational. It is nice since you do not have to disconnect trailer, plenty of room.

Thanks fellas for the info.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

7. Member
    What time of year are we talking? The hotels aren't exactly boat friendly in town like others have mentioned.

If your VRBO is on the west side there are a couple motels in and around Belluah that I see boats at all the time. Kind of locks you into the West Side but all those lakes are good and the Bay isn't far.

Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    What time of year are we talking? The hotels aren't exactly boat friendly in town like others have mentioned.

If your VRBO is on the west side there are a couple motels in and around Belluah that I see boats at all the time. Kind of locks you into the West Side but all those lakes are good and the Bay isn't far.
    We're fishing June. I'll be staying in Elk Rapids. I don't mind a drive from the hotel to the launch if it is the right type of lodge.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

9. Member
    Where did you pick in ER? If I have time we can hook up boats together.

10. Member
    There is a Econo lodge right by Chums corners that has gravel parking lot with power outlets. We have stayed there a couple of times and you don't have to unhook. We just make sure our stuff is all locked up.

11. Member
    I have stayed at Cherry Tree Inn a few times. No problem with boat and nice place.