Prop change help due to talons

I have a 93 Ranger 481 with a Pro V 150 and I’ve been running a Yamaha 25 pitch stainless 3 blade prop and it works great but I recently added two talons and now I can’t get the rpms with two people, it’s a turd out of the hole and my rooster tail used to be 3-4’ high and now I have no rooster at all. I just tried a 4 blade 23 pitch trophy and it was horrible on the hole shot and needed more pitch. The prop hub was smaller and seemed as if it allowed exhaust to go in the outside of the prop on the hole shot and by the rpms I could tell it was slipping. Could have hit 6000 rpms no problem but didn’t... I’ve heard the 3 blade tempest gives good lift due to the shape of the blades and good speed. I guess the question is .... can this motor turn a 3 blade 24 tempest or would a 4 blade be more helpful. No matter what prop I get I will have it worked over and cupped. Or if anyone has the similar set up what has worked for you. Any info would be much appreciated...

Thanks

A larger diameter 4 blade with a full size 4 3/4 in barrel will be your best option. I would try a 24P Bravo1 with dual pvs holes, Marks Razor4 XL, and possibly the Revolution4 in a 23P

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I’m going to call Mark and talk to him...