Question Stratos 294 XL with 200 Yamaha SHO prop recommendations

I have a 294 with a new Yamaha Sho and I am currently running a tempest plus 25pitch. Tournament loaded with 2 people I’m seeing 67-68mph at best. Looking for prop recommendations and would like to know if anyone has ran the SHO prop on this boat and what numbers are you seeing?

Need to know what kind of rpm’s you are getting with the Tempest. Also what is your prop to pad measurement. Tempest is an easier to prop to turn that the Yamaha T-2.

I am running about 5600-5700 rpms and I have not measured my exact prop to pad just yet but I have raised my motor until I gained rpms and not increased speed any. I think I’m pretty close to where it needs to be with my current prop. Although I am curious if the larger diameter SHO prop would allow me to raise it a little more and gain rpm’s as well as speed???

If you are only turning the 25 tempest 5600 or 5700 rpm’s you would have to drop to a 23 or 24 pitch Yamaha T-2. The added diameter of the Yamaha prop makes them harder to turn. You need to be about 6,000 rpm in the cooler weather because when it warms up outside you will lose rpm’s. If you like way the boat performs with the Tempest then I would suggest calling Mark at Marks Props and letting him work that Tempest.

I also have a 26 txp by turbo and I get about the same speed and rpms out of it but it lifts the boat much better. I’ve been told the Yamaha prop would be somewhere in between as far as the lift.

I would see if mark could repitch that 26 TXP. That prop will run great on your boat but it’s way too high in pitch. You would probably need to drop 2 full pitches or close to it and im just not sure it can be cut down that much.

7. Member
    Mark can drop it 1 " in pitch

8. Member
    I ran 72mph with mine when it was stock. 74.6 light load. 26P T1 prop with a 6" hydraulic jackplate.

The hole shot for my 26 SHO prop isn't very good when loaded heavy. 25 pitch is good all around prop but will get over 6000 RPM in cooler temps full trim/throttle. 69 mph is highest I've seen with company with the 25P, 71-72 without company with both. I have a 6 inch hydro a talon and single console with 36v troller.
    To fish or not to fish?
    What stupid question.