..:: RT188 with X2 31AGM Battery? ::..

Anyone put a BatteriesPlus x2 31AGM battery in their RT188? Did it negatively impact the ride or hole shot?

Need to upgrade since adding LiveScope.

Thanks

2. Member
    I’m running 4 27series in the back and it had little to no impact on ride or holeshot.

3. Member
    I put an X2 27 series AGM into my 198P. So far so good. Sorry I don't have the exact info you requested.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJay View Post
    I’m running 4 27series in the back and it had little to no impact on ride or holeshot.
    Where did you put the 4th at?

5. Member
    I just got finished hooking up my Livescope system and I went with a 30Ah lithium battery (6lbs.) installed in front drivers side compartment just for that system. Something you might consider.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Bassn_64 View Post
    Where did you put the 4th at?
    I built a bracket to hold all 4 batteries in the back.

7. Member
    I’m running two 31 AGM and a 27 AGM...no difference in ride or hole shot.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat188 View Post
    I just got finished hooking up my Livescope system and I went with a 30Ah lithium battery (6lbs.) installed in front drivers side compartment just for that system. Something you might consider.
    That is where my fourth battery is in my rt178.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat188 View Post
    I did that exact thing and had it hooked to my cranking battery(Size 27 brand new) with a breaker to toggle between 1 or both and fished 6 hours yesterday and ran the batteries dead to point where it wouldn't turn my engine over. I moved maybe 4 times all 5-10 min runs. So going to upsize to 31 AGM with the 30AH lithium and hope that I won’t have this issue again.

How long have you run the livescope on that 30AH battery for before it dies? Are you pausing your livescope when not using it?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Bassn_64 View Post
    I did that exact thing and had it hooked to my cranking battery(Size 27 brand new) with a breaker to toggle between 1 or both and fished 6 hours yesterday and ran the batteries dead to point where it wouldn't turn my engine over. I moved maybe 4 times all 5-10 min runs. So going to upsize to 31 AGM with the 30AH lithium and hope that I won’t have this issue again.

How long have you run the livescope on that 30AH battery for before it dies? Are you pausing your livescope when not using it?
    Just got it installed last week so have not got out to use it yet. I did connect all of the 10ga wire to a separate lighted switch to shut off when not in use.