Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar

FishSmart APP questions

I have two Helix 10 Gen3 and also the fishsmart app on my iPad with several maps purchased. Can the maps on my iPad go to my graphs? Also how do I know what the lake level was when the map was generated so i can accurately set the offset?
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

2. Member
    If your downloads are less than a year old you can copy to you Helix units. For depth offset you have match your map to your sonar depth reading on your Helix. Most maps do not tell you what depth they are recorded at. I have sent a PM with a couple reference manual links.(Helix/Lakemaster and Chart Select/Fishsmart App) Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I think most maps are set at "summer pool" level. You adjust based on how much higher or lower the lake is compared to summer pool.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Bull Shoals has several seasonal pool levels. The lake was recorded during a spring the water was 16 feet higher than the highest ACOE pool level. Nobody had that number anywhere it could be found. They do not make corrections in the map to allow for that. The pool levels change over time as well because a new town might want water from the lake and the powers that be will raise pool levels from time to time. Rather than play a numbers game I will set my water level offset at least once a week. Your waters may be more stable. Takes about 30 seconds. With a big lake that took a bunch of days to record I can be 3 or 4 feet off in different areas of the lake. If a make a 5 mile run I will check the level again. Much like keeping track of temperature in the spring. It can benefit if you pay attention to the details.

To set the lake level offset, just be on the water above a contour line and adjust the offset until the contour depth number matches
    the sonar depth reading with the Depth Offset adjusted for the transducer depth
    That way the depth readout will match the map depth instead of the distance from the transducer to the bottom
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 02-25-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Wayne, Are you saying the depth offset is no longer allowing for that after doing the water level offset? Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Wayne, Are you saying the depth offset is no longer allowing for that after doing the water level offset? Bob
    It does if you do the offset first, I just explained it wrong. I'll fix it.

Thanks for catching that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL