Switching electronics Lowrance to Bird

Looking for how you did it suggestions. I have a 2014 520c with in dash console mounted HDS Gen 2 12 touch and a HDS Gen 2 9 touch mounted flush at the bow. I am going with a Onix 12 at bow and an Onix 10 at console.,I think. I may switch positions and put the 12 at console and 10 at bow, haven't fully decided that yet. How would you mount them? in dash: on some sorta electronics mount? I as well have to remove the LLS 2 mounted on the step How did you fill those holes? Where did you mount the Humminbird side scan. Or did you mount yours on the step?

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

My two cents are leave the LSS alone, you may switch back one day. I’d put the bigger screen at the bow as it will be the furthest from your eyes. There are multiple options as far as mounting, I’ll leave that up to you. But if were me, I would keep the HDS in the console and RAM mount the bird. Nothing wrong with running mixed electronics. I do it.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

3. Member
    Why would you want to switch to Onix's? They are crappy

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    My two cents are leave the LSS alone, you may switch back one day. I’d put the bigger screen at the bow as it will be the furthest from your eyes. There are multiple options as far as mounting, I’ll leave that up to you. But if were me, I would keep the HDS in the console and RAM mount the bird. Nothing wrong with running mixed electronics. I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlMistZ521C View Post
    Why would you want to switch to Onix's? They are crappy