HDS Live and HDI transducer Problem

I replaced a Gen 3 on the front that was connected to a HDI transducer that gave a great down scan picture with a New Live unit. Now my downscan is useless. No matter what pallet I use it is all blacked out. It reads the bottom depth ok but you can’t see anything because it’s all blacked out. I called Lowrance but they had no answers. I had access to another Live unit and swapped it out. Same issue. Both of the Lives has a great downscan picture while connected to a 3 n 1 transducer. It appears the HDI transducer is not compatible with a Live unit.
    Anyone run into this yet and know a solution.

Thanks

2. Member
    Mine Ghost (HDI) is connected to the Structure port and looks fine. When connected to the sonar port neither 2D nor DS worked. But it it a 9 pin connector. Yours is most likely a 7 pin with adaptor?

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    In the sonar port the 2D works ok but the DI doesn’t work at all. In the HDI port they both will. The 2D works the same and the HDI will read bottom but you can’t see anything on the screen. It’s just blacked out. The bottom area that should change colors with a pallet change just stays all black.

4. Member
    do you have to tell it what transducer is connected to it, like in the installation menu? Maybe it's just set to a 2d transducer instead of the hdi?
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

5. Member
    It’s set for HDI. Want work at all if not.

6. Member
    I'm pretty sure I have read a lot of people are having problems with the HDI transducer down imaging with the newest software update.

7. Member
    Thanks bgibson I’ll look into rolling mine back one ver. It’s just amazing Lowrance support did not suggest that.

8. Member
    Well you might know I didn’t save my previous rev and Lowrance website only shows the latest that I have now. Any one know where there is the previous ver 1.61 that I can download.
    Thanks for any help.

9. Member
    Pretty sure the only issues were with Carbon units. Downscan from my Ghost looks perfect on my Live 9.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

10. Member
    Bgibson you were correct. I had Lowrance send me the previous ver and after install the HDI works great now.
    It works with ver 114 not the current 153 ver.