Springfield XD-s 2.0

Got a new side arm this week, really like the new grip style over the first gen XD-s, but wish the still made it with the 4 inch barrel. As for on target, it will knock out a bullseye for sure.i think I’ll look for a revolver for the next one. Anyone have any recommendations? image.jpg

2. Member
    If you do not own a J frame already get one. They are so easy to slip in your pocket with a nice leather pocket holster.

I have been eyeing an XDs but the ones that caught my eye were the ones that are DA/AS with a hammer action.

Bought an original first gen XDs in 45 a couple weekends ago at a gun show. will be my new primary carry gun now.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Bought an original first gen XDs in 45 a couple weekends ago at a gun show. will be my new primary carry gun now.
    I also have the first gen in 45 with the 4 inch barrel that I love. I use that one for hunting purposes and the 9mm second gen for conceal carrying. But I do like the second gen better. It’s easier on the hand but still plenty of grip to not have to worry about anything.

How's the beaver tail on the 2.0? The way the 1st gen is kind of squared off beats the crap out of my thumb knuckle to the point I've thought about getting rid of it for a Shield or P365. I like the pistol otherwise and have never had any malfunctions with it. That grip style looks to be a nice improvement too.

Anyone handled the new hellcat model yet? Looks like a very nice carrier.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

7. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    I have an XD9 4.5 and really like it. As far as revolvers, I am a Ruger fan for steel framed revolvers. They can take any load level you throw in them.
    I also like the 5 shot LCR in .38+P.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 481VSangler View Post
    How's the beaver tail on the 2.0? The way the 1st gen is kind of squared off beats the crap out of my thumb knuckle to the point I've thought about getting rid of it for a Shield or P365. I like the pistol otherwise and have never had any malfunctions with it. That grip style looks to be a nice improvement too.
    When pressed, its not flush like the first then as it was designed with a small hump I guess to help ensure the safety is fully disengaged. I have learned to adjust my grip and it’s no problem. For a comparison between this and hellcat, hellcat hold most ammo as it’s a double stack. To me the trigger and recoil is better on the XD-s, and the one I tried the hell cat did not have the beaver tail safety