Minn kota precision or dualpro

My older Minn Kota charger is done. Looking at the 4 bank MK precision 15 amp, Dual Pro Pro 15 amp and Sportsman 10 amp. I had the Sportsman on an older boat an loved it. The only thing I see might be a problem is the power cord is so sort on the Dual Pros and wont reach my plug port. I also like that the MK is a little smaller in height as room is at a premium. Will definitely be tight with the Dual Pro Pro. Other than that any major difference between brands. Any info would help. Thanks.
    Last edited by Menacer; 02-22-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

All I have ever had was dualpro 15amp units. Their tech support is fantastic with very knowledgeable and helpful people. When I went from 24v to 36v troller I was considering a switch they sold so after one bank was charged you could switch to another bank and charge it. Called tech support with wiring length questions and they offered me an upgrade to 3 bank charger for less than cost of switch and they paid shipping for my two bank trade in. I stick with a company that provides thank kind of service!

Both great chargers,if space and weight is an issue,go with the Minnkota.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

Quote Originally Posted by Islands View Post
    All I have ever had was dualpro 15amp units. Their tech support is fantastic with very knowledgeable and helpful people. When I went from 24v to 36v troller I was considering a switch they sold so after one bank was charged you could switch to another bank and charge it. Called tech support with wiring length questions and they offered me an upgrade to 3 bank charger for less than cost of switch and they paid shipping for my two bank trade in. I stick with a company that provides thank kind of service!
    Can't beat that! I too have had flawless performance from my Dual Pro 15A 3-bank through 2 boats and >15 years service. That being said, I don't see how someone could go wrong with either brand.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

5. Member
    If the cord is too short add a female cord connector to your current 120 VAC cord. Mount it high in the bilge and plug your charger into it. That is what I did and have no issues.

6. Member
    Both are very good chargers, but there was a software issue with the MK PC 460 a couple of years ago. That would be the 4 bank, 15 amp/bank model that you are considering. There were several threads here on BBC regarding that issue. Nobody really knows if it was ever really corrected, so, I would stay away from that particular model. You will not go wrong with the DP, as mentioned, their C/S is superb, and, their units are sometimes actually repairable, something that others are not.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    Dual Pro without a doubt.

8. Member
    ive had nothing but issues from dual pro but mine are setup for lithiums. didnt have it long and 2 banks went bad and had to send it back. got it back and it would charge at 8-9 amps for the first minute or so and then would drop to 2-4 amps and took awhile to charge. i had to send it back again and they still have it. if you ever have a problem with it be prepared to be without a charger for atleast a month because they get in no hurry to fix and dont update you on anything. I had a 3 bank minn kota 330pc that was a great charger, I only sold it to go to the 4 bank setup.

I have a small three bank MK 5/5/5 tucked under the gunnel. One bank went bad, but have two good. Just kept it there. I had several MK and like them. I currently have the Dual Pro Professional 4 bank 15a per bank. Love it! DP’s are rebuildable and not throw away like how the MK is. MK’s have been good, but I’d go with the DP.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

10. Member
    I have had better luck with Minn Kota.image(5).png
    That was one of my 2 Dualpro chargers that didn't last long and took out batteries on the way out.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Power Pole charge instead of either

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'd vote for the Dual Pro.....

Since the cord is short and instead of cutting it to extend or make a piece of extension cable look at the NOCO AC Port Plug. I had this in last two boats and works great.

https://no.co/gcp1

Noco Plug.PNG
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    After more research looks like im going to go with the Dual Pro Sportsman 4 bank. I would like to go with the Pro for the 15 amps but just dont have the room and dont like the idea of not having it mounted in the boat. All the problems with the MK PC 460 have put me off.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    After more research looks like im going to go with the Dual Pro Sportsman 4 bank. I would like to go with the Pro for the 15 amps but just dont have the room and dont like the idea of not having it mounted in the boat. All the problems with the MK PC 460 have put me off.
    Good choice
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S