Thread: 4473 form

4473 form

OK guys I never would have brought this over here but didn't know if all has seen what is going on. Also with gun control group to spend 8M just in Texas this year alone. So lets hear your thoughts and views for this, a lot of crap going down.

2. Member
    It’s the government. It’s supposed to be where everything is ran by, and for the people. But in truth, they do whatever they want and don’t care what we do or want.

3. Member
    The 4473 is only for background checks..... The info collected is supposed to be purged within XX period of time.... 90 days I think.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    The 4473 is only for background checks..... The info collected is supposed to be purged within XX period of time.... 90 days I think.

Dealers have to keep completed 4473s indefinetly. The background check is one thing and the 4473 is another.The problem is the ATF goes around "auditing" FFL dealers and scans their completed 4473s. What do u think they are doing with all that info they are collecting?

5. Member
    For the last three years I've had an FFL and went through the ATF audit in June..... I have my 4473's and have to keep them as long as I have my FFL. Then if I decide to not renew it I have to send them to WV to ATF HQ. ATF didn't take any pictures of my 4473's when I went through the audit.

6. Member
    From one of the men that works at the shop here, they have taken pictures when ATF came in.