Merc 250 4S ignition beep?

I have noticed that if I trim the motor down before I try to start it, I do not get a startup “beep” prior to cranking the engine. However if I try the ignition before trimming the motor, I do get the startup “beep”. Any reason behind this? Is it ok to start engine with out the “beep”? Serial no B599180

Normal, operating the trim first "wakes" it up so no beep.
    2B576211

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... operating the Trim results in a PCM "wake" command, powering the MPR for a short period. If you turn the key on during this time, you will get no "beep".

BTW... Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1... operating the Trim results in a PCM "wake" command, powering the MPR for a short period. If you turn the key on during this time, you will get no "beep".

BTW... Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!
    Don, on your comment above, is it 'OK' to start the engine normally without that beep caused by trim activation? I have the same motor and I noticed that too so I just wanted to be sure it was safe to do. Thanks!
    2022 Triton TRX20 Patriot
    2024 Mercury PROXS 4-Stroke 250 3b435376
    HDS PRO 16, 12,
    Garmin 8616 w/ LVS34 Livescope
    Lowrance Ghost 52"
    MK 10' Raptors
    Fury 3 Blade
    DOBYNS RODS
    MERCURY PRO TEAM Member

Michael2277nh@gmail.com
    https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w546/Michael2277nh/20190607_184215_zpsoosxfdsh.jpg

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Perfectly fine to start the engine- the warning system will still function (you just bypass the warning horn test).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor