Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Yep - worked for me - I got a through tap off amazon. I added some teflon tape to the threads too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by james_az; 08-10-2020 at 08:23 AM.

2. Member
    Unless Lowrance planned it, the post is drilled perfectly for a 3-8 tap as i did that for a different issue on a different boat.
    What is the reason for the Troll Tamer as opposed to using the supplied rubber end cap?

3. Member
    I couldn't get mine to stop bouncing no matter how high I raised it, especially on our bigger lakes with heavy boat traffic, Havasu and Powell. At some point when raising it you start having issues with the pull pin, friction and such. So I just added the TT.

4. Member
    I see they make them for different model trolling motors. Did you guys use the one for the Motorbuide, Fortrex, Maxxum or does it not matter?

5. Member
    Shouldn't matter which model you buy, you only use the latch and the stud. I paid 99 bucks for mine and 60 bucks of it wasn't even used. It is solid as a rock now though.
    I really feel the way the ghost latches in the stowed position could have been thought out a little better. Way too much up and down movement.

Quote Originally Posted by champy View Post
    Unless Lowrance planned it, the post is drilled perfectly for a 3-8 tap as i did that for a different issue on a different boat.
    What is the reason for the Troll Tamer as opposed to using the supplied rubber end cap?
    The rubber will eat up the carpet when running. Eventually it wears through the carpet.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XRD View Post
    Shouldn't matter which model you buy, you only use the latch and the stud. I paid 99 bucks for mine and 60 bucks of it wasn't even used. It is solid as a rock now though.
    I really feel the way the ghost latches in the stowed position could have been thought out a little better. Way too much up and down movement.

My buddy said the same about his ghost, but mine doesn’t have much travel when stowed. Sure seems like they made some changes after the first run.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    The rubber will eat up the carpet when running. Eventually it wears through the carpet.
    That is correct, mine is starting to show signs of wear. So what is everybody using? The troll tamer? Never had to use one before. I really didn't want one one thing that I have to step on one my front deck. Although if needed, no big deal.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    My buddy said the same about his ghost, but mine doesn’t have much travel when stowed. Sure seems like they made some changes after the first run.
    I dont know which run I have, but I picked up my new boat May 15. The issue I had was when I adjusted the rod to get all the up and down movement out, I couldn't get it to latch in the stowed position. After adjusting the rod to allow latching, I had an inch or so of slop. The deck on this Phoenix is flat as a pancake in the TM area, so I know its not a binding issue. Anyway, after threading the bounce buster rod, and installing the T-H Gizmo, its solid.

10. Member
    I installed mine using the aluminum bar like you guys have done here and it was fine on my local lakes, but after running 3-4 footers on the great lakes it didn't hold up. I think part of the problem was the threaded bar has a lot of slop in the threads and the plastic nut didn't keep it secured. It ended up beating the heck out of deck and that heavy aluminum bar developed a small bend, so my latch would no longer stay buttoned up. Here's a video of it. I ended up drilling a hole in the top of my mount and installing it like the Fortrex. Less places to come loose and solid as a rock.
    mount.jpg

I had used both..
    Found the same with the og post that comes with the Ghost..wearing carpet

I installed the troll tamer an had a recent trip to Champlain with some rough conditions only to have the troll tamer rip out of the deck..I reinstalled an adjusted the threaded rod as high as it would go without interfering with the lock/unlock of mount. Works fine now.
    Basscat P4

12. Member
    My boat is at the factory getting the deck repaired due to the way they installed. They installed a plate underneath the troll tamer and I believed they drilled too large of holes which caused a large hole on my deck. Skeeter is covering it under warranty but a little disappointed on the install which was luckily done either at the dealership or the factory.
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12