Upgrading to a 250 Pro XS 4S - questions

I have a 2003 Triton TR21 with a 2003 225 Optimax and am in the process of upgrading (it's on order, i don't have a serial number) to a 250 Pro XS 4S (boat is rated for the 250), here are my questions:

1) I have a 2003 era Hot Foot, do i need to change the hot foot out with one that claims to be compatible with the 250 4S, or are there adjustments that can be made to my existing hot foot?

2) Will the hand shifter / throttle need to be changed as well, just curious if this would universally apply due to the possibility of the hot foot not being compatible (regardless of having a hot foot installed)?

3) I would like to display my engine data on my Garmin graphs (Ultra 126SV), what version of vessel view would i need to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance,
    2020 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S - S/N 2B745597

-------------------------
    Eric
    AWFC(NAC/AW) USN (Ret) - P-3C Flight Engineer

2003 TR-21 Bassmaster Classic Edition
    2020 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S
    Garmin 126sv (x3)
    LiveScope LSV 34 // 60A Monster Lithium
    Garmin Force 50" 36v // 3 Ionic 50A Lithium

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    1). May require modification to permit full-throttle. Most important thing is to set the IDLE stop as far back as possible, and adjust spring to return hotfoot to that stop. THEN adjust throttle cable, and verify 100% throttle "Demand" with G3-2019 Computer Diagnostic System. The Mercury Dealer selling you the engine should easily accomplish this.

2). Should still be compatible, provided that it and the cables are in good condition. An EXTENSION may be required for the keyswitch harness (again, dealer should be very familiar with this).

3). Your Garmin likely is not equipped with Vessel-View "pages"- but if you were to install a Vessel View LINK, it would still send data out to your Garmin (for overlay or display). A Level-1 (or higher) MercMonitor would also do this for you, while still functioning as a "visible display" instrument.

3)

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Does #2 apply to whether the new 4 stroke is analog or not?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pigs View Post
    Does #2 apply to whether the new 4 stroke is analog or not?
    There's not an "analog" version of the 250 ProXS. There is a DTS Version (you would replace EVERYTHING except the STEERING WHEEL in that case), or a "mechanical" version.

Note that both are electronic throttle and shift (the mechanical version just has the cables operating demand sensors inside the engine cowling).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks for the answers to my questions Don, i will be looking into a Merc Monitor.
    2020 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S - S/N 2B745597

-------------------------
    Eric
    AWFC(NAC/AW) USN (Ret) - P-3C Flight Engineer

2003 TR-21 Bassmaster Classic Edition
    2020 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S
    Garmin 126sv (x3)
    LiveScope LSV 34 // 60A Monster Lithium
    Garmin Force 50" 36v // 3 Ionic 50A Lithium