Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Motorguide Tour

Installed last night. For those that were asking, it does have a delayed start.

2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

2. Member
    Looks nice. I really like the new design, getting away from the cheap plastic look, and certainly bringing the tour back. A buddy of mine has a 15 year old Tour, it's never been repaired, runs like a champ, and is super quiet. I believe it's now on his fourth or fifth boat. Let us know how it operates, and how that new Katana prop is.

Interesting enough, watching the current MLF tournament several have the New Tour, and I've seen a few new Tour Pro's. Leads me to believe the delay on the Tour Pro is MotorGuide is either still testing or waiting to finalize production based on what surprises show up at the Classic.

3. Member
    So far after mounting and just dinking around with it in the garage, I like what I see and feel. It’s steering is just like the old tours, spot on and tight. The new mount blows the old one away! It’s beefy and with the lift assist it is EASY to deploy and stow. The new locks on it are a huge improvement also. Also the new design for the depth adjustment is awesome! Just flip the clamp open and raise or lower.
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

4. Member
    Awesome! Did you replace an older MotorGuide? I'm just curious of the mount bolt pattern. I looked at the instructions and it shows the option for 3" and 4" bolt mounting width pattern; however, it doesn't say what the length spacing is.

5. Member
    Brand new boat so it’s the first holes in the deck. Just went and measured. 3” pattern is 12 1/2” for the farthest apart and there’s a set of holes centered between those, 6 1/4”. I assume the 4” pattern is the same but I can’t see it because it’s under a side plate the has to be removed. I do believe the patterns are industry standard on it.
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

6. Member
    Great, thank you for measuring.

7. Banned
    That's a sweet looking motor....

8. Dogfish_Jones
    I like the look of the new Motorguides. I’m a Minn Kota guy but I would not hesitate to have one if I needed another one.

9. Member
    Does it have spot-lock?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loweman11 View Post
    Does it have spot-lock?
    No. it’s just the tour. My Tour Pro (Pro has spot lock) looks like it won’t be delivered till the end of March. So why have one when you can have 2 at twice the cost!
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

We took a 12 year old tour off and put the new one on, ending up drilling 6 new holes for it. Mainly to get the bounce buster to sit on the deck of the boat. Biggest struggle was getting the right length for the buster, directions were a little misleading in my opinion.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josie201 View Post
    We took a 12 year old tour off and put the new one on, ending up drilling 6 new holes for it. Mainly to get the bounce buster to sit on the deck of the boat. Biggest struggle was getting the right length for the buster, directions were a little misleading in my opinion.
    AGREE on the bounce buster! They tell you to add 1/4” to the measurement but it probably should be 1”.
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

13. Banned
    Instructions who needs stinking instructions?

just trying to do it right, and end up messing it up, last time i follow a trolling motor engineers directions

15. Member
    Knuckle, by chance have you had the new Tour out yet?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    Knuckle, by chance have you had the new Tour out yet?
    247, Haven’t been out due to 24” of ice on the lakes! Lol I will be leaving next weekend to head down to Lewis Smith for the BassCat Invitational. I should have a report for you guys on March 9th. The new boat hasn’t even sniffed the water yet
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    247, Haven’t been out due to 24” of ice on the lakes! Lol I will be leaving next weekend to head down to Lewis Smith for the BassCat Invitational. I should have a report for you guys on March 9th. The new boat hasn’t even sniffed the water yet
    I guess I should have looked at your location. Lewis Smith is awesome with BIG spots. Have you fished it before?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    I guess I should have looked at your location. Lewis Smith is awesome with BIG spots. Have you fished it before?
    Never been there. Only Guntersville and Eufaula. ‘98 was the last time I was in Bama. I’ll have 3 days to try to figure spots out before the tournament but I’m pretty clueless about them other than the bs I’ve watched on YouTube. Lol
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

19. Member
    Knuckle: Please give an update on the MG you installed. Thinking about adding one to my BassCat.

20. Member
    And when is it actually coming out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast