The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

Marine Master Hits Homerun

I mentioned in a previous post how I took my 4 yr old trailer to Marine Master for a small issue (won't mention) I had with my trailer. I decided to take it there myself even tho Marine Master offered to pick it up, because I needed it back sooner than they could pick up & drop back off.
    I got the call that my trailer was ready about 2 weeks later just like Tami said, so I went to pick it up a couple days ago. When I saw it I couldn't believe it was my trailer! Not only was the issue quickly resolved, but they also gave it a whole safety check, & cleaned it up wheels and all! My trailer looked the best I've seen it since it was new!
    I can't say enough about how pleased I am with Marine Master & their crew. Tami & Rick spent extra time going over my trailer & boat with me making sure I was happy with it before I left. The owner even came over to meet me and ask how I thought my trailer looked.
    Once again I feel confident driving the thousands of miles a year to fish.
    Now I know why Phoenix uses this great company to haul their boats with. Marine Master knocked it out of the park in my book.

I've seen the posts and know there are some of you that are not happy with their trailers. Check the other forums, ALL trailers can have issues and just like any boat/motor problems, it won't be fixed overnight.
    I suggest calling Tami at Marine Masters before you go bashing their trailers online. They really do want you to be happy with their product, and they are willing to help asap.

2. Member
    I went down there last weekend to get a couple things fixed and they took such good care of us. I honestly can’t believe how great their customer service was. Got a tour of their facility which is impressive and ran down and got a Phoenix tour while we were waiting. I am as well beyond pleased and glad others are as well.

3. Member
    AWESOME! I have said it many times, just call them, they really do want each and every customer to be completely satisfied. So those of you that have an issue you haven't reported other than here on BBC, CALL MARINE MASTER, this is proof.

4. Member
    good to hear guys. thanks for sharing.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    AWESOME! I have said it many times, just call them, they really do want each and every customer to be completely satisfied. So those of you that have an issue you haven't reported other than here on BBC, CALL MARINE MASTER, this is proof.
    How should I feel about their customer service after calling them to complain about the bow roller scratching my boat and being told that I didn’t know how to load a boat? I posted on social media about how bad their customer service was and then got contacted by someone saying the owner wanted to speak with me. He told me he was going to get with the manufacturer of the rollers and figure out a solution and get back with me. He also told me that he had handled the situation with the employee in question that I had spoken with. 2.5 years later and I’ve still never heard back from anyone. Keep in mind, this was back before the bow rollers had become a widespread issue. I had already paid out of pocket to replace it but the scratches were already there. Now 4 years later, the bottom of my boat is in horrible shape thanks to the crappy trailer. I guess I’ll have to deal with that at some point when I sell it. Thank goodness I keep them a long time. So, to answer your question, I’m going to bash them anytime I want because they haven’t provided any service to me. All I have is a 4 year old boat that cost 40 grand with a horrible looking bottom on it.

6. Member
    Was there an issue other than the roller scratching the boat?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    How should I feel about their customer service after calling them to complain about the bow roller scratching my boat and being told that I didn’t know how to load a boat? I posted on social media about how bad their customer service was and then got contacted by someone saying the owner wanted to speak with me. He told me he was going to get with the manufacturer of the rollers and figure out a solution and get back with me. He also told me that he had handled the situation with the employee in question that I had spoken with. 2.5 years later and I’ve still never heard back from anyone. Keep in mind, this was back before the bow rollers had become a widespread issue. I had already paid out of pocket to replace it but the scratches were already there. Now 4 years later, the bottom of my boat is in horrible shape thanks to the crappy trailer. I guess I’ll have to deal with that at some point when I sell it. Thank goodness I keep them a long time. So, to answer your question, I’m going to bash them anytime I want because they haven’t provided any service to me. All I have is a 4 year old boat that cost 40 grand with a horrible looking bottom on it.
    I don't recall asking a question, I clearly stated a fact based on my experience. If your unhappy, that is your right, as I don't know your situation.
    Last edited by Hooked247; 03-01-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    Was there an issue other than the roller scratching the boat?
    Yeah the boat wouldn’t sit on the trailer right and was heavy on the roller causing it to smash the sides down. I was the one that originally complained about the issue before marine master even decided to start using the stoltz rollers. I bought the clear plastic protector stuff they sell at cabelas and put on my boat where the roller rests so it wouldn’t do further damage until I got the stoltz ordered. The trailer also causes scratches all over the bottom of my boat that look worse than the 16 year old skeeter I sold. The boat is 4 years old now so I guess I’m just stuck living with it. Rest of the boat looks brand new. A just try to never look underneath my boat because it makes me angry

9. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Great post! Thanks for sharing your story. The posts that crack me up are the ones who say they won’t buy a particular brand of boat because of the trailers. Like you said all boat manufacturers have trailers that have issues. Most of them are using the same parts anyway. It’s all about customer service and it sounds like Marine Master is stepping up to the plate in that area.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

10. Member
    I'm stoked to hear this. Sharing positive experiences is just as important as sharing the problematic ones.Trailers get beat up so hard and we tend to forget about them. Seems like they usually get left out on the TLC. But we're quick to fire shots at the trailer manufacturers.
    Thank you for sharing.
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

11. Member
    I was the one that posted a lengthy post about marine master and the trailers. While im still not happy with the trailer and feel like they use crappy parts that are outsourced (honestly it might be their only option for outsourced parts), i was very impressed with how rick handled it and the offer he made to get my boat and take it to the plant. Im not gonna be without my boat for a month so i didnt take him up on the offer and will just keep running the trailer. Im fairly certain that the pad on the brake thats stuck is gone. So while i still think the trailers are not good, rick did atleast attempt to make it right and i guess aside from getting a good trailer with a 60k boat then good customer service is all you can ask for
    They aint got hands, set the hook

12. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I was the one that posted a lengthy post about marine master and the trailers. While im still not happy with the trailer and feel like they use crappy parts that are outsourced (honestly it might be their only option for outsourced parts), i was very impressed with how rick handled it and the offer he made to get my boat and take it to the plant. Im not gonna be without my boat for a month so i didnt take him up on the offer and will just keep running the trailer. Im fairly certain that the pad on the brake thats stuck is gone. So while i still think the trailers are not good, rick did atleast attempt to make it right and i guess aside from getting a good trailer with a 60k boat then good customer service is all you can ask for
    Thanks for the input. Rick's a great guy along with the whole crew there. I hope one day you'll be able to enjoy your trailer.

13. Member
    Great Post. Usually folks go online and post when their not happy with a product and those who are never say anything.
    2019 Phoenix 920