Older 520 Factory Travel Cover Install?

Just acquired a new-to-me cover with buckle, belly strap, etc. and want to ensure I install it properly. Any guides, tips or tricks? Google wasn’t much help? Thanks...

It's pretty easy, I hang the buckles on the mounts on the motor. I then roll the cover up aft to forward on the ground. ( flip the belly strap in towards the center line as you do this). You then take the rolled up cover and place it on the bow. Make sure that it is lined up on your trolling motor and then get on the boat. I leave both the bike seat up and the back seat as well (these will "tent" up the cover for you). go to the bow and start un-rolling the cover working your way aft and when you get towards the middle flip out the belly strap and continue to work it back. Work it over the back seat and then clip it to the motor cover, get out of the boat(at this point the cover should be centered and ready for you to tighten. Cinch the motor cover strap that connects to the center strap on the cover. fit the back end of the cover over the aft gunwale and hook the ratchet straps to the loops, give them a couple of torques and then move to the belly strap and toss it across the bottom and then set and torque it. after that go back to the ratchet straps and torque them fully. This system works great for me and it takes me about 8 minutes to cover the boat by my self. You should have it down after a little practice. Hope this helps.

Spanky

3. Member
    Thank you sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Neverest View Post
    Thank you sir...
    Anytime for a Ranger Brother....

Spanky

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I think Ranger has a video on their site. I have a CD that came with my cover that I'd send you if you want it. No charge..

Dale Sinclair original

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    I think Ranger has a video on their site. I have a CD that came with my cover that I'd send you if you want it. No charge..
    Thanks for the info and offer. I’ll check the site first, and if need be, I’d gladly appreciate the CD and will PM you my contact information. Bizarre how the pay-it-forward karma works. About a week ago, I sent a guy an HDS 9 Gen 2 bezel (replaced my for a different issue) and all I asked was that he pay-it-forward...

7. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I'm dropping the CD at the post office this afternoon.

Dale Sinclair original